The Beatles (my daughter loves them )

DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
OK OK... so this could be a :5pager:But I was dancing and singing with my six month old daughter this morning to 'Here Comes The Sun', then the rest of Abbey Road. She absolutly LOVES the Beatles. Simple melodies, great arrangements etc etc (nothing that hasn't been discussed 1,000000 times before i'm sure).But seriously, when I hear my 6 month old get all excited and giggle whenever I put Abbey Road on, how can you front? 40 years strong and still relevant as ever. Timeless.

Comments

• HonkyFippleHonkyFipple 418 Posts
    they played "can't buy me love" at a very boring party two weeks ago and it absolutely saved my day.

they are the best band ever, but i still can't listen to the yellow submarine stuff.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    What's the verdict on that re-edit thing that was done by George Martin and his son? I haven't heard it.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    What's the verdict on that re-edit thing that was done by George Martin and his son? I haven't heard it.

it could have been taken up another notch (or two). Played it pretty safe.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

I posted this back in February after picking up the CD at the Cirque Du Souleil show in Vegas. I can up it again if you'd like.

Herm

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

Defiitely some nice moments on this, but as above it could've been taken a up a notch or two. On the whole I like it though.