COPENHAGEN/K??BEN!!!

CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Attention all Danish strutters!I??m going to the Roskilde Festival at the end of this month, but before getting down there I??m spending a few days in Copenhagen with some friends of mine. Anyone who lives there or has been there and want to reccommend some spots or just want to hang out and chill with a fellow collector?I??ll be in town from the 25th till the 28th of June.Any help will be much appreciated!Thanks in advance, - J??rund outta Norway.

Comments

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    Sorry no more records left in this city, mDejean had the last ones for lunch, or was it breakfast...?
    You might try Roskilde though, a couple of thrift stores there also...
    Have a nice trip!

I think www.rapspot.dk has a copenhagen city guide for people that like's to dig...

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Hey Phonic, check your PMs. Left some info. We might be able to hook up even though time is a little tight that week. I'm going to Oslo in july or august btw.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Have a good time! Copenhagen is a beautiful city. I was there with my family when I was 15. My brother and I met a bunch of Danish girls and went to a McDonalds with them. To my surprise, the high school girls all got beers! I went up to the counter and ordered 6 beers. Homegirl behind the counter handed me a tray with 6 plastic McDonald's logo cups full of Carlsberg. They had Carlsberg on tap at McDonalds! No one was trippin' about our age. My brother and I got loaded with these girls and kicked it with them all day. We did NOT WANT to leave Denmark. LOL!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Have a good time! Copenhagen is a beautiful city. I was there with my family when I was 15. My brother and I met a bunch of Danish girls and went to a McDonalds with them. To my surprise, the high school girls all got beers! I went up to the counter and ordered 6 beers. Homegirl behind the counter handed me a tray with 6 plastic McDonald's logo cups full of Carlsberg. They had Carlsberg on tap at McDonalds! No one was trippin' about our age. My brother and I got loaded with these girls and kicked it with them all day. We did NOT WANT to leave Denmark. LOL!

No doubt. Beer is important in DK. Even franchised family restaurants have to serve it if they want the ale-thirsty danes as customers.

• If the weather's good don't spend that much time in recordshops 'cause changes that you'll find anything to make it worth the effort are really slim...

Go to Islands Brygge to swim or hang out in Kongens Have... That's what you should do if you ask me.

Have a nice stay.

Cheers mate,

Dress

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Thanks to everyone who contributed (will hit up everyone who sent me PMs as soon as possible)!

Man, I know what you mean about the weather, the digging is strictly to fill gaps between other fun stuff. We aren??t exactly blessed with the greatest of summers up here, and I??m staying at home the whole rest of it once I get back from the festival, so you KNOW I will be soaking in the summer-atmosphere (if there is any) when in Denmark.

Still, though:

Spots?

- J

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    I never went to this one, is it worth a vistit?

http://yeswecancan.com/

I went to snaps (The old one) a few times but never this. Is it pretty much the same?

I never went to this one, is it worth a vistit?

http://yeswecancan.com/

I went to snaps (The old one) a few times but never this. Is it pretty much the same?

Yo Cosmo, yeah you need to hookup with Pac, this link is from the new Snaps store (now called Yeswecancan) located a 10min walk from R??dhuspladsen(center of the city)... Im not sure if you know him already, but he's definitely into it record wise, you might be able to do some business with him... he always has some real nice recs for sale...

• Yeah, Pac is cool. PM me if you need his phone number....

Dress

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    PMs in a minute. Thanks for the help and contact info, dudes.

Only been to Denmark once before and I??m psyched to go back there.

- J

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I'm going to Copenhagen this thursday to visit a friend of mine called Anna (also into the DJ:ing, digging disease). I'm going to the Roskilde festival as well. We're both Swedish, by the way.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Actually, all my life I was convinced that Sweden had the hottest girls in the world. Until I went to Copenhagen, that is. They have a better sense of style, which might be the reason, I don't think it's genetic.

• BTW KRS 1 & Masta Ace is playing wednesday at Store Vega if you want to come down one day before...

That should be dopeness if you're into hip hop that is,

JSPR kicks mad knowledge,

Dress