Can't Tell Me Nothing Mixtape !!!

Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
This is doing the rounds on the Blogs at the moment and it's been perfect sunny afternoon music in the car.Even the track with the Radiohead sample is and I can't stand Radiohead !!!

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Even the track with the Radiohead sample is and I can't stand Radiohead !!!

Watching his growth is incredible... Its funny how people write off his electronic music sampling as a 'hipster' move. Hip hop at its beginnings was just as much Kraftwerk as it was James Brown.

I'm anticipating Graduation like its "Empire Strikes Back."

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Watching his growth is incredible...

• undrealundreal 29 Posts
    The Bentley, Pimp C and Lil' Wayne song is

"got a castle with a cognac river...." hahahaha

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Link Plaese.............

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    ugh please be serious. That first single is straight garbage. Dude is one of the worst rappers alive. Between this terd and 50 Cents Amusement Park shit is looking bleak for the majors.

I hope the mix is better than that first single.

LOL! Kanye rockin' Daft Punk for his intro and "Stronger" song.

• FunkyFlatulentFunkyFlatulent 1,106 Posts
    I wasn't impressed at all. I'll take more Blueprint beats please.

I wasn't impressed at all. I'll take more Blueprint beats please.

This shit was pretty wack. I hope Kanye's new album is MUCH better.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    I LIKE!!
    new directions are a good thing.
    as for the rest of you holding on to the styles of yesteryear:

• Thanks to drewn for the re-share cos of the video thread.

I enjoyed quite a bit of this tape. Good to hear some good Common verses.

Track #11 w/ Pimp C is

I dig the whistlin track too. Is that a mash-up of some sort or did he make that?

The GLC track is really dope as well.

Dont' really get "Stronger".

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    The link doesn't work! Any other place to download from?

• The link doesn't work! Any other place to download from?

Yeah this thread is old. Look at the bottome of the more recent Kanye thread title "Kanye likes white people" or somesuch.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    he is rapping over that god damned whistling song that i am so sick of. you know which one i am talking about. is that on the album?

here's the sendspace link drewn posted

http://www.sendspace.com/file/urmd87

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    he is rapping over that god damned whistlingPeter, Bjorn, and John song "Young Folks" that i am so sick ofhappens to be an awesome song off of an incredibly well-crafted, solid, and tasteful album.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    he is rapping over that god damned whistlingPeter, Bjorn, and John song "Young Folks" that i am so sick ofhappens to be an awesome song off of an incredibly well-crafted, solid, and tasteful album.

be that as it may regarding the whole peter bjorn & john album being solid (which i haven't listened to yet) you honestly aren't sick of that song? sorry if i offended, but i feel like i'm being stalked by it at the gym, movie theater, my friends' houses, the local bar jukebox & tv - and for a long time now. and i think kanye rapping over it is only going to extend it's stalker song longevity. it's the whistling part that drives me crazy, to be honest. the rest of it is fine, but i've heard it too many times that i just want it gone forever. it also is not the first time i've heard and cringed at someone rapping over peter john & bjorn. like this guy http://www.myspace.com/specboogie

um, also sorry in advance if any strutters are friends with this guy