Non Rarer That you could listen to forever

2»

Comments

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

Why do it always got to be raer vs. non-raer? It's all there for the taking - good music is good music, hit or miss!

Right...and when you think about it, there are a bazillion more amazing non-raers than amazing raers...

id put it about 50/50 either way myself

nah, I bet you could come up with 5 non-raer titles for every raer title that would be able to go head-to-head for quality

I say go for it. Anything to make soulstrut more exciting today. :groan:

ok, lets start with funk 45s...lets say a Ricky Calloway 45 (anywhere from 500 to a 1000 bucks)...five 45s that are $5 or under each that are just as good, if not better, as a Ricky Calloway 45

Chris Jones-Im the Man
    Isley Bros.-Take Inventory
    Al Green-You Say it
    James Brown-Give it up Turnit Loose
    Lee Dorsey-Yes We Can

• Deejay_OMDeejay_OM 695 Posts

Why do it always got to be raer vs. non-raer? It's all there for the taking - good music is good music, hit or miss!

Right...and when you think about it, there are a bazillion more amazing non-raers than amazing raers...

nah, I bet you could come up with 5 non-raer titles for every raer title that would be able to go head-to-head for quality

ok, lets start with funk 45s...lets say a Ricky Calloway 45 (anywhere from 500 to a 1000 bucks)...five 45s that are $5 or under each that are just as good, if not better, as a Ricky Calloway 45

Chris Jones-Im the Man
    Al Green-You Say it
    Lee Dorsey-Yes We Can

I wouldn't put those up against "tell me"...that's for sure (maybe the JB)...

Chris Jones-Im the Man
    Al Green-You Say it
    Lee Dorsey-Yes We Can

my point being that records like "Tell Me" are just the same ilk as the Chris Jones, just JB-soundalikes, hence the inclusion of the Chris Jones...but the other records are by artists that will always be greater than ol' Ricky. I still say there are lots more top shelf non raer titles than raer titles.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

Chris Jones-Im the Man
    Al Green-You Say it
    Lee Dorsey-Yes We Can

my point being that records like "Tell Me" are just the same ilk as the Chris Jones, just JB-soundalikes, hence the inclusion of the Chris Jones...but the other records are by artists that will always be greater than ol' Ricky. I still say there are lots more top shelf non raer titles than raer titles.

Chris Jones - a non-raer??? The other four I can see, but...

Chris Jones-Im the Man
    Al Green-You Say it
    Lee Dorsey-Yes We Can

Chris Jones - a non-raer??? The other four I can see, but...

obscure yes, raer no.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    CHRIS JONES SOUNDS WHITE

• salviasalvia 279 Posts
    There's a reason why that Chris Jones is so cheap. It's horrible!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    There's a reason why that Chris Jones is so cheap. It's horrible!

SUPPER CLUB FUNK POO POO

ehhh...a JB soundalike is a JB soundalike....but, I shoulda listed a Lee Fields Daptone instead of the Chris, bad choice, my bad...a Lee Fields Daptone 45 is as good as or better than a Ricky Calloway...