Albums You are Feelin'

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Not the newest, don't need to be the raers, just stuff grabbed recently or pulled out of the stacks that have been doing the trick on repeat play: So, what y'all got in "heavy rotation?"

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

in the car today:

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Nice one...do you have this:

One of my favorite live albums by anyone, ever.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    The Feminine Complex- "livin love"
    The Emotions- "so I can love you"
    The Montclairs- "dreaming out of season"
    Hal Galper- "wild bird"
    Andrew White- "fonk update"
    Tom Smith- "still lifes"
    The Roots of Orchis- "some things plural"
    Dennis Driscoll- "voices in the fog"
    Trad Gras Och Stenar- "djungelns lag"

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Friendly on so many levels.

• One of my favorite live albums by anyone, ever.

man, even the wrist wrap on the cover alone makes this one

kills eet

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    young phonics plaese....that almost made me barf.

• Diamante_DDiamante_D 215 Posts

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

...flawless from start to finish.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Yeah Guzzo. Co-sign on that. I don't care how common this is, it's the shit, plain and simple. "Early In The Morning" reminds me of childhood, cuz my mother used to play it all the time. Charlie Wilson = dope-ass singer. Love his style.

Heavy rotation right now:

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

• What is this title?

• slushslush 691 Posts
    i went on a big bike ride yesterday and got hit by a car. i listened to these all the way through

francois hardy - la question
    cannonball adderley - 74 miles away/walk tall
    cyne - evolution fight
    devin the dude - just tryin to live
    cortex - troupeau bleu

• slushslush 691 Posts

thats my shit right there

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    What is this title?

Click for larger picture
    Various -- Eccentric Soul -- The Capsoul Label . . . CD . . . $13.99 List Price: $14.98 (Item: 355275)
    Numero, Early 70s Condition: New Copy View Cart
    A treasure trove of funk and soul from one heck of a great little label -- Columbus, Ohio's short-lived Capsoul imprint -- only around for 5 years in the 70s, but home to a great flurry of indie singles! We first caught onto the label's brilliance with their funky classics "Hot Grits" by Elijah & The Ebonies and "Sock It To Em Soul Brother" by Bill Moss -- but as this set wonderfully demonstrates, the label's got a heck of a lot more to offer -- and all of it great! The label's brilliance has been masterfully unearthed by the crate-digging team at Numero Records -- who've brought together 19 of the best Capsoul singles in a beautiful package that really tells the story of the tiny imprint, getting at the details and struggles that faced independent soul in the marketplace of the 70s. Way more than just a set of old singles, the set's a rich document of indie soul in one of the near-forgotten corners of the Midwest -- filled with great tunes that may well have you booking the next flight you can find to Columbus! Titles include "Sock It To Em Soul Brother" by Bill Moss, "Pure Soul" by Elijah & The Ebonies, "Without Love" by Ronnie Taylor, "You're All I Need To Make It" by Johnson, Hawkins, Tatum, & Durr, "Hot Grits" by Elijah & The Ebonies, "Too Far Gone" by Four Mints, "I Want To Be Ready" by Kook Blues, "Go On Fool" by Marion Black, and "Number One" by Bill Moss. (From the Funky Compilations CD (A-L) page.)

• Thanks for the info.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

yes yes yes

and of course...

• djhatodjhato 9 Posts

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts

was melting my face last night. not rare i know but oh so serious

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts

Friendly on so many levels.

Yee jock in jest yet jock nonetheless.

And of course this:

http://westkoast.free.fr/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=3107&

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

cosignnn

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    All week it's been mainly 45's (and the iTunes on the office computer), but I was playing this one last night:

Outlaw country-rocker at his slow-rollin' best. Even though a lot of his songs were accented on the one and the three, Waylon was pretty damn soulful in his own subtle way.

• Some of Alphonso Johnson's best bass lines on this!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Found this while digging through my stash this morning before going to work. This sounds better than 90% of what currently gets heavy rotation, even though this was made 5 yrs ago.

• Options

Tough chunky Root Radics backing and crazy high vocals voiced at Tubby's makes this

Worth it alone for Junior Delahaye's "Stormy"...but the rest slams, too

Again, a heavy Tubby presence with plenty of fast jump-up material. Need I describe Dennis Brown's vocals? Includes an incredible version of "You're No Good"...and oh yea, braeks! The Har You behind it ain't bad either.

Llans cut his teeth on the resort circuit in Montego Bay nad had an ultra-tight band which included now-Toronto resident Joe (Jo Jo) Bennet who arranged the tunes on the above lp (and was an Alpha Boys school attendee along with fellow Toronto pal, Jackie Mittoo. I don't know exactly what was going in Mo Bay at the time, but some of the funkiest music I've ever heard stems from musicians whom spent some time there. This album goes from US soul covers to Thellwell-penned ska to jazz-dance. Check their rendition of "Jive Samba"

Deep roots jams - 3 songs a side. I pretty sure that picture is from Jackie's Scarborough basement. I should have taken picture of the rear cover, because his eyes look so red-out.

K.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts

Pop-in Trans Europe express is bumpin right now these guys have too much heat