Timbaland: Dying to work with M.I.A.

2»

Comments

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I think I can kill myself now that I've finally lived 35 years and found these two phrases in the same sentence.

insanely dope

Nelly Furtado

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I HATED Nelly Furtado. So glad she's gone. Blame Canada!

200% cosign. The best part about Nelly Furtado was her logo.

(hold nose, whine annoyingly, claim you've been down with the Canadian hiphop scene since you were a child)
    "get, get, get, get your freeeeak on.. get, your, freeeeeeeak on... dit dit dit ditt..."

I spit coffee out of my mouth

This made me laugh out loud again. I don't know why but I find this endlessly amusing. Ooh lordy...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

OOooh man....

• Options
    Somebody random did an insanely dope Nelly Furtado dancehall remix that I never scooped and I'm still salty about it.

That being said, I only heard it once (and i think it was through a Turntable Lab snippet) so it might suck... but I have been known to like sucky music

I like that 45, Turntable Lab or Jammyland might still have it tucked away somewhere. I remember awhile back seeing it out of place in TTLab 45 box in the store.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    On another note, congratulations to Scratch for having one of the most retarded typos I've seen in my life on page 42 with the word "knowticed."

Read that page more closely. It not only says "knowticed," it also says "knowtorious," "knowtoriety" and "mazel tov, muthafuckas."

Scoop Jackson needs an editor.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    On another note, congratulations to Scratch for having one of the most retarded typos I've seen in my life on page 42 with the word "knowticed."

Read that page more closely. It not only says "knowticed," it also says "knowtorious," "knowtoriety" and "mazel tov, muthafuckas."

Scoop Jackson needs an editor.

I gostwright for Scrath mag, dude. chill out

yeah maybe Tim can do for MIA what he did for Raje. pfff

According to both parties, Raje wanted to do straight r'n'b while Timbo wanted her to stick to singing in Hindi and/or Punjabi. Depending on who you side with though, Tim is either a manipulating svengali or Raje is a diva who didn't realize a good thing when she had it. Either way I wish she had some new tracks coming out.

And for the umpteenth time, can ANYBODY hook me up with a good-quality MP3 of Petey Pablo feat. Raje Shwari "Country Style?"

And for the umpteenth time, can ANYBODY hook me up with a good-quality MP3 of Petey Pablo feat. Raje Shwari "Country Style?"

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I HATED Nelly Furtado. So glad she's gone. Blame Canada!

200% cosign. The best part about Nelly Furtado was her logo.

(hold nose, whine annoyingly, claim you've been down with the Canadian hiphop scene since you were a child)
    "get, get, get, get your freeeeak on.. get, your, freeeeeeeak on... dit dit dit ditt..."

Man, I almost did a spit take because of this, you funny bastard! And I could not possibly agree more--Nelly Furtado sucked. "I'm like a bird?" No, you're like a grade-school simile with no singing talent.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    yeah maybe Tim can do for MIA what he did for Raje. pfff

According to both parties, Raje wanted to do straight r'n'b while Timbo wanted her to stick to singing in Hindi and/or Punjabi. Depending on who you side with though, Tim is either a manipulating svengali or Raje is a diva who didn't realize a good thing when she had it. Either way I wish she had some new tracks coming out.

yeah but you should have heard Tim on the radio over in England talking about how he "showed her how to sing like that"

shit was fuckin mind blowing, that he claims to have taught a desi singer to perform in her native language...wow.

yeah but you should have heard Tim on the radio over in England talking about how he "showed her how to sing like that"

shit was fuckin mind blowing, that he claims to have taught a desi singer to perform in her native language...wow.

Talking about when he was on your boy Adil's show? That interview was hilarious (Timbo drunk as hell) and pathetic (Timbo saying - on Asian radio no less - "I need an Indian girl to cook for me. Anybody interested call in.").

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

Talking about when he was on your boy Adil's show? That interview was hilarious (Timbo drunk as hell) and pathetic (Timbo saying - on Asian radio no less - "I need an Indian girl to cook for me. Anybody interested call in.").

haha I remember that. I think that was it...it was either the interview on Adil's show or on Bobby and Nihal's show. not sure. either way it was embarassing to listen to.