Timbaland: Dying to work with M.I.A.

BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Sorry for posting another M.I.A. thread, but here's a quote from a Timbaland interview in Scratch:
Everybody can't rhyme on my beats. My rhythm is different from what people hear. There's this one girl I'm dying to work with that's from London. Her name is M.I.A. She's hard, boy. She's so dope. I need to get with her bad. I'm into all that type of stuff. That brings somethin' out of me.
Any thoughts? I'm pretty sure I read in some interview that she also wanted to work with Timbaland.

On another note, congratulations to Scratch for having one of the most retarded typos I've seen in my life on page 42 with the word "knowticed."

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    yo thanks for making me knowtice this thread

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    On another note, congratulations to Scratch for having one of the most retarded typos I've seen in my life on page 42 with the word "knowticed."

I knowticed that as well!

KNOW

T

ICE

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i hate you people

we hate you too

I keed I keed

• that will be hot, i read she's got a kanye beat too which will be cool...but her and timbo will the the shit. they just need get together and put out a 12 inch right away, forget an album.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

that will be hot, i read she's got a kanye beat too which will be cool...but her and timbo will the the shit. they just need get together and put out a 12 inch right away, forget an album.

IT WILL BE OFF THE GALANGACHAIN

• in related news, apparently Missy requested her presence on a track on her new album, not sure if Timbaland is involved in that one though.

act like ya knowticed, fools!

J

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Her name is M.I.A. She's hard, boy. She's so dope. I need to get with her bad. I'm into all that type of stuff. That brings somethin' out of me.

Sounds like Timmy got a little woody for ole'girl, doesn't it?

vs.[/b]

Who wins?

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

Diplo's the homie, but as the saying goes:

"Demi-god-musical-geniuses before bros."

-e

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    but as the saying goes:

"Demi-god-musical-geniuses before bros."

i smell a tshirt logo...

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    You can put a piece of turd in a steak costume, it's still a piece of turd

• GALANGACHAIN

i like this

Hmm. Timbaland is not a proven hit maker. Despite his brilliance, his personal projects have consistently bombed. He has needed a superstar for hits so far.

I think it will bomb (I mean, M.I.A.'s hype was as big as it could be, still didn't get her sales).

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    (I mean, M.I.A.'s hype was as big as it could be, but still that album was off the steak costume)

Sidenote: when I saw MIA on Conan O'Brien (sans Diplo), her performance was on point but what really struck me was when Conan walked onstage to thank them. He was easily 8 feet taller than MIA. So my query is this: is Conan a true-to-life giant living among us mere mortals, or is MIA one of the legendary Sri Lankan dancehall baile funk pygmies that I've heard so much about?

(I mean, M.I.A.'s hype was as big as it could be, but still that album was off the steak costume)

That's a matter of taste, which isn't what I'm interested in discussing. Horses for courses.

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    Shouldn't Timbo maybe work with some authentic dancehall artists before a knock-off dancehall artist?

Plus I think that MIA's beats are already better than what Timmy would provide.

A song or 2 together would be nice...but an album

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Sidenote: when I saw MIA on Conan O'Brien (sans Diplo), her performance was on point but what really struck me was when Conan walked onstage to thank them. He was easily 8 feet taller than MIA. So my query is this: is Conan a true-to-life giant living among us mere mortals, or is MIA one of the legendary Sri Lankan dancehall baile funk pygmies that I've heard so much about?

Conan O'Brien is Shawn Bradley's long-lost brother.

That's a matter of taste, which isn't what I'm interested in discussing. Horses for courses.

Understood. Personally I'd like to see MIA where Gwen Stefani is now. But the likelihood is that in the USA, she'll soon be last year's Nelly Furtado. ESPECIALLY if she does the Missy collabo.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    is Conan a true-to-life giant living among us mere mortals, or is MIA one of the legendary Sri Lankan dancehall baile funk pygmies that I've heard so much about?

Both.

-e

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Shouldn't Timbo maybe work with some authentic dancehall artists before a knock-off dancehall artist?

The "a" word strikes again!

-e

Understood. Personally I'd like to see MIA where Gwen Stefani is now. But the likelihood is that in the USA, she'll soon be last year's Nelly Furtado. ESPECIALLY if she does the Missy collabo.

I HATED Nelly Furtado. So glad she's gone. Blame Canada!

200% cosign. The best part about Nelly Furtado was her logo.

(hold nose, whine annoyingly, claim you've been down with the Canadian hiphop scene since you were a child)
    "get, get, get, get your freeeeak on.. get, your, freeeeeeeak on... dit dit dit ditt..."

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts

The "a" word strikes again!

-e

Gwen Stefani makes MIA look like Ninja Man.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

200% cosign. The best part about Nelly Furtado was her logo.

(hold nose, whine annoyingly, claim you've been down with the Canadian hiphop scene since you were a child)
    "get, get, get, get your freeeeak on.. get, your, freeeeeeeak on... dit dit dit ditt..."

I spit coffee out of my mouth

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

Gwen Stefani makes MIA look like Ninja Man.

I don't exactly know what this means, but I do think it's funny.

Somebody random did an insanely dope Nelly Furtado dancehall remix that I never scooped and I'm still salty about it.

That being said, I only heard it once (and i think it was through a Turntable Lab snippet) so it might suck... but I have been known to like sucky music.

-e

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

Understood. Personally I'd like to see MIA where Gwen Stefani is now.

yeah maybe Tim can do for MIA what he did for Raje. pfff

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Dope reggae "rootys" kind of remix to "Turn Off The Lights"

Shit is still Urb-Music though.

Breakdancing on the ceiling and shit.