How do y'all explain what many call CHEMTRAILS?

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
They're far from a secret. Almost any given day, I can look up in the sky and see the horizon criss-crossed with them. Sometimes I even catch unmarked, seemingly non-commercial planes spreading them (in broad daylight no less). Surely, y'all are seeing the same stuff from your American abode. So my question is what do you make of it?

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    you listen to too much coast to coast AM

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

No, but I see too much chemtrails.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Beware, those things are laden with Dihydrogen Monoxide

I am a doctor, and I recommend a tinfoil beanie to shield you from any ill effects.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I say, unless you have a really tall ladder and plan on 'getting to the bottom of this' don't worry because no information will be fact.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Some think they are caused by "Weather Machines" owned and operated by the Japanese Yakuza(there is a website run by an Ex-TV Weatherman that touts this theory)

Flying Lizard exhaust is much more likely.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    For reasons of national security, this topic should not be discussed. Please to delete.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Me too. I see em alot where I live.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

I am a doctor, and I recommend a tinfoil beanie to shield you from any ill effects.

Yeah dude, watch out, that stuff will fuck you up. Try to steer clear of it.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

The correct term is actually "contrails ," and if you live near an Air Force base or an airport, you'll see them all the time.

Seriously, though, Those things are changing the environment.[/b]

Brief Communications

Nature 418, 601 (8 August 2002) | doi:10.1038/418601a

Climatology: Contrails reduce daily temperature range[/b]

David J. Travis1, Andrew M. Carleton2 and Ryan G. Lauritsen1

The potential of condensation trails (contrails) from jet aircraft to affect regional-scale surface temperatures has been debated for years(1, 2, 3), but was difficult to verify until an opportunity arose as a result of the three-day grounding of all commercial aircraft in the United States in the aftermath of the terrorist attacks on 11 September 2001. Here we show that there was an anomalous increase in the average diurnal temperature range (that is, the difference between the daytime maximum and night-time minimum temperatures) for the period 11???14 September 2001. Because persisting contrails can reduce the transfer of both incoming solar and outgoing infrared radiation(4, 5) and so reduce the daily temperature range, we attribute at least a portion of this anomaly to the absence of contrails over this period.

Perhaps, but they act in the same manner as clouds, and given the extremely low ratio of cloud-to-contrail area, shouldn't we all be a lot more worried about clouds?

Or do I mean high ratio? Either way, the clouds are gonna get you. Start stockpiling those weapons, people!

But not if I kill them first.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Yeah dude, watch out, that stuff will fuck you up. Try to steer clear of it.

Ha! I love that bit.

Perhaps, but they act in the same manner as clouds, and given the extremely low ratio of cloud-to-contrail area, shouldn't we all be a lot more worried about clouds?

Oh, shit, I forgot about clouds!

The correct term is actually "contrails ," and if you live near an Air Force base or an airport, you'll see them all the time.

Contrails are different than chemtrails in that they dissipate after a few seconds. Chemtrails stay in tact for hours.

Contrails are different than chemtrails in that they dissipate after a few seconds. Chemtrails stay in tact for hours.

That's because they are a solid form of dihydrogen monoxide.

• Options
    They're far from a secret. Almost any given day, I can look up in the sky and see the horizon criss-crossed with them. Sometimes I even catch unmarked, seemingly non-commercial planes spreading them (in broad daylight no less).

Surely, y'all are seeing the same stuff from your American abode. So my question is what do you make of it?

I don't know what they are, but I'd sure love to snort them.

Full disclosure: I am a professional scientist who's education was paid for by the Government so feel free to suspect me of any level of collusion. Although the current administration is not generally well liked by scientists.

The explanation we scientists hope you will believe is that contrails are made of the same substance that clouds are made of, condensed water in liquid or solid form. Therefore the lifetime of a contrail would be determined by the conditions in which it was formed, much like clouds. If the air is very cold and there's plenty of moisture in it, then clouds or contrails will stick around for a long time because the water will not turn back into vapor. Clouds can stick around for a long time without any added chemicals, and so, apparently, can contrails.

Here's an experiment you can try, for a period of several days, count the number of contrails you can see at regular intervals. Also, note the presence of other clouds, particularly high altitude cirrus clouds. I bet you will soon see a correlation between the amount of clouds and the persistence of contrails.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

this site is AWESOME. the richest assortment of whacky strut topic ideas, graemlin models and general nuttiness that I have seen in a long time.

put a lizardoid on your christmas list.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

this site is AWESOME. the richest assortment of whacky strut topic ideas, graemlin models and general nuttiness that I have seen in a long time.

It's like a clearinghouse of every crazy poster put on a streetlamp post or telephone pole in Berkeley.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

ROOOOAAAAADTRIP!!!!

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

It's like a clearinghouse of every crazy poster put on a streetlamp post or telephone pole in Berkeley.

I used to see the Chemtrails shit posted every in Berkeley. Especially upper Shattuck. I always swore I would look it up online but would forget about it after 5 minutes.

When I lived in Concord a few years ago this guy put up fliers everywhere about men in sunglasses following him and shit installed in his brain. Put some of the stuff I see in Berkeley to shame. Next level tin-foil status!

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    BTW, I always thought chemtrail were just condensation from jet engines.

BTW, I always thought chemtrail were just condensation from jet engines.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Sometimes I even catch unmarked, seemingly non-commercial planes spreading them (in broad daylight no less).

I wear glasses, but I'm pretty sure most people on the ground cannot read the side of an airplane flying at 30,000 feet with their naked eye... So my question is, do you have Superman's vision or do you hang out a lot at home during the day with your telescope? Just curious how you would determine that they are unmarked and seemingly non-commercial...

But really, I've read about the whole contrail/chemtrail thing and while I don't necessarily know what to make of it, there are 2 things playing against the chemtrail idea that make it really hard to believe. 1) It is a subject discussed mainly by people who think the earth is run by Lizard people and 2) Everybody who thinks these things are chemical trails put in the air by some evil forces on purpose cannot come to any conclusion as to why. Every theory I've read is different.

Basically,

Ha ha, I like how this one unfolds.

It is also possible that if one takes the broadest view of history???the past 12,000 years or so

That's a pretty broad view of history when you consider the earth was made by god 6K years ago in 6 days.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

It is also possible that if one takes the broadest view of history???the past 12,000 years or so

That's a pretty broad view of history when you consider the earth was made by god 6K years ago in 6 days.

Duh! They are including pre-Earth history, as well.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

This is awesome