the biz markie stories blog

spcspc 534 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
is here: http://thebizneversleeps.blogspot.comI just took the stories from the soulstrut threads. Enjoy.

Comments

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    this is absolutely

• jjohnsonjjohnson 23 Posts
    thank you kindly!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    you will be hearing from my lawyer.

just kidding I never even met the biz.

nice blog idea.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    nice blog idea.

Yeah, except I would've gone with meandthebiz.blogspot.com

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    i want to see pics of his collection

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    wow. this is a great idea.

• FunkyFlatulentFunkyFlatulent 1,106 Posts
    Check out the pi??ce de r??sistance... I really need to hang this on the wall.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    i'm pretty sure i could read an entire book of biz stories and still want more!

• 40ozking40ozking 308 Posts
    this is absolutely

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    this is absolutely

The turntable drumming at the end is funky as hell.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i want to see pics of his collection

but then he'd have to kill you
    [death by cereal box ]

biz cartoon and biz doin' benny and the jets
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iFYJYwtjpc

turn the party out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ9-F7dSH_c&mode=related&search=

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    "yo, u german people are number 1" and made a little hitler greeting. i couldnt believe my eyes , but it was still comedy. he then proceeded dropping Kraftwerks "mensch-maschine".

HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

yes this sounds familiar

of course you have the comments on his appearance at the RBMA in seattle to add

How many versions of Get Out My Life Woman do you have Biz?

Biz: *looks upwards*.. Ehhhhh.. 164!!!!

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    this is absolutely

yeah,biz is alot better on the turntables than i thought. what was up with that 'party' tho, a bunch of dudes standing around filming biz?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    this is absolutely

yeah,biz is alot better on the turntables than i thought. what was up with that 'party' tho, a bunch of dudes standing around filming biz?

I think I spy Jazzy Jay. It's a Remix Hotel music conference, so it's not really a party. More of an educational situation.

BTW I know dude's hands are huge but watch the video and compare them to the size of the turntable. Ridiculous.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

"Did I ever tell you about the time Biz took me out record digging with him? We go off looking for a record store and we can't find one. Finally Biz takes me to a vacant lot and says, 'Here we are.' We sat there for a year and a half ??? until sure enough, someone constructs a record store around us. Well, the day they opened he bought 2 dozen mint copies of some rare ass "Impeach The President" 12" with two extra extended drum breaks for $5 and then burned the place to the ground. Biz yelled over the roar of the flames, 'Always leave things the way you found 'em!'" "TO BIZ!"

• I still have Thes One's phone convo with Biz somewhere.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

"Did I ever tell you about the time Biz took me out record digging with him? We go off looking for a record store and we can't find one. Finally Biz takes me to a vacant lot and says, 'Here we are.' We sat there for a year and a half ??? until sure enough, someone constructs a record store around us. Well, the day they opened he bought 2 dozen mint copies of some rare ass "Impeach The President" 12" with two extra extended drum breaks for $5 and then burned the place to the ground. Biz yelled over the roar of the flames, 'Always leave things the way you found 'em!'" "TO BIZ!"

haha

BILLLLL BRAAASSSSSKKKYYYYYY

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    HAHAHA

dude, you're killin me with the Bill Brasky shit HookUp

• FunkyFlatulentFunkyFlatulent 1,106 Posts
    Every story ends with the same thing. Biz saying "Got it" .. my question is has ANYONE successfully traded with the BIZ???????? He defenitely has things I want.. just mp3's of, and i'm racking my brain trying to figure out what he would want. It seems he doesn't have a want list, just wants to know "what you got".

Help me people.

• Deejay_OMDeejay_OM 695 Posts
    haha...soo dope....

I had heard a lot of these stories before...over the years...good to see some of them were actually experienced...

I always found the midget convention to be quite funny...picturing biz doing his thing...with nothing but midgets around...

• wznwzn 16 Posts

• CinisterCeeCinisterCee 863 Posts

enough of these "panned hard right" edits.

• wznwzn 16 Posts

enough of these "panned hard right" edits.

That ain't panned hard right, that's mid/side+left+right-eqing, transient designer and waves stereo imager.

• wznwzn 16 Posts
    Any more stories?

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    This shit has had me rolling all weekend.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    A-ight, here's another one I don't think I mentioned previously in this thread (i'm not gonna be bothered with checking through this whole thread... that would be too much like work):

First time I talked to Biz was on the phone some years back, in a three-way convo with DJ Cash Money. Biz has been telling Cash that he's looking for this record that School Of Hard Knocks (i think that's correct) sampled on their album awhile ago. Cash doesn't know it, but he says he knows somebody who probbly does, so he calls me up with Biz on the line. So Biz plays the School Of Hard Knocks record for me, I don't know what the sample is either. So Biz kinda disses me, like "Oh, I thought you knew everything. I thought you was the beat man!" I didn't say anything at the time, but I was pissed the fuck off! After we got off the phone I made it my life's mission to find out what this stinkin' record was. I called EVERYBODY I knew that might recognize this schitt- all the record collectors, deejays, producers, damn near EVERYBODY (some of y'all reading this might even remember me asking about it) and not one person knows what it is or is willing to divulge it if they did know.
    Finally after some weeks I found out it's by Sun (I just knew it was gonna be some relatively common-ass schitt). So for my next mixtape, Soulman World Of Beats Vol. 3 "Off The Meatracks", I threw in a little dedication where I say "This is going out to Biz" and I play a piece of the Sun record, then cut to a clip of Biz laughing. I meant it all in fun, but it could easily have been taken as a dis, too.
    So I guess word of this must've gotten back to Biz, because my girl Stef at Bobbito's now defunct Footwork store here in Philly tells me that one day Biz comes barging into the store all wild, roaring something about "WHERE'S THE SOULMAN TAPES??". He proceeds to buy all of my mixes that are in stock and bounces out of the shop!
    I never heard anything more about that situation, but from everything I've heard about Biz I'm sure that if he was mad about that schitt he quickly forgot all about it. For the record, Biz is the man, no doubt... been a big fan of dude since the 80s right up to now and would never intentionally dis the homie... too much respect. It's just that if ya fuck wit me I gots to fuck wit you, too! It's all love, though

• spcspc 534 Posts
    A-ight, here's another one I don't think I mentioned previously in this thread (i'm not gonna be bothered with checking through this whole thread... that would be too much like work):

First time I talked to Biz was on the phone some years back, in a three-way convo with DJ Cash Money. Biz has been telling Cash that he's looking for this record that School Of Hard Knocks (i think that's correct) sampled on their album awhile ago. Cash doesn't know it, but he says he knows somebody who probbly does, so he calls me up with Biz on the line. So Biz plays the School Of Hard Knocks record for me, I don't know what the sample is either. So Biz kinda disses me, like "Oh, I thought you knew everything. I thought you was the beat man!" I didn't say anything at the time, but I was pissed the fuck off! After we got off the phone I made it my life's mission to find out what this stinkin' record was. I called EVERYBODY I knew that might recognize this schitt- all the record collectors, deejays, producers, damn near EVERYBODY (some of y'all reading this might even remember me asking about it) and not one person knows what it is or is willing to divulge it if they did know.
    Finally after some weeks I found out it's by Sun (I just knew it was gonna be some relatively common-ass schitt). So for my next mixtape, Soulman World Of Beats Vol. 3 "Off The Meatracks", I threw in a little dedication where I say "This is going out to Biz" and I play a piece of the Sun record, then cut to a clip of Biz laughing. I meant it all in fun, but it could easily have been taken as a dis, too.
    So I guess word of this must've gotten back to Biz, because my girl Stef at Bobbito's now defunct Footwork store here in Philly tells me that one day Biz comes barging into the store all wild, roaring something about "WHERE'S THE SOULMAN TAPES??". He proceeds to buy all of my mixes that are in stock and bounces out of the shop!
    I never heard anything more about that situation, but from everything I've heard about Biz I'm sure that if he was mad about that schitt he quickly forgot all about it. For the record, Biz is the man, no doubt... been a big fan of dude since the 80s right up to now and would never intentionally dis the homie... too much respect. It's just that if ya fuck wit me I gots to fuck wit you, too! It's all love, though

I could read that stuff all day long.
    You should continue with your world of beats column on your blog (I think that hasn't been updated in a while).