Who is the Queen of Latin Soul?

2»

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    India.

La India is Salsa/Merengue. And she is of a newer generation.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    India.

I don't care when she is from, I vote her co-queen of Latin soul.

Eddie Palmieri Introducing La India. If that aint soul I aint breathing.

India.

Ive never seen it on vinyl.

This is that shit!!! But Co-Queen of Latin Soul? That's like Mary J Blige to Aretha Frankin.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    India.

This is that shit!!! But Co-Queen of Latin Soul? That's like Mary J Blige to Aretha Frankin.

I got a copy on vinyl. New York Anthem material there. And yeah, even though she's pretty much considered a salsa singer she does have enough of a catalog where she's singing R&B and house music that she could be considered a singer of "soul music" as well (not spitting hairs, dudes, I know salsa is SOULFUL and all but I don't believe that's what we're saying.)

But yes I would have to agree with Batmon with the comparison of Mary J Blige VS Aretha Franklin.

India.

I got a copy on vinyl. New York Anthem material there. And yeah, even though she's pretty much considered a salsa singer she does have enough of a catalog where she's singing R&B and house music that she could be considered a singer of "soul music" as well (not spitting hairs, dudes, I know salsa is SOULFUL and all but I don't believe that's what we're saying.)

Vinyl!!!!!!!

she's singing R&B and house music that she could be considered a singer of "soul music" as well

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    India.

Vinyl!!!!!!!

she's singing R&B and house music that she could be considered a singer of "soul music" as well

She started out in a hip hop group right? Something with 3 in the name? Then was big in NY house and then did that fantastic record with Eddie. Kenny got me her signiture on a Nuyoricansoul flat, but I had it in the window and it faded.

Of course she is not the legend that Celia Cruz will always be, but as noted she sings nice on those records.