I'm with Rosie!! (Rockadelic's fav show related)

keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
In today's news, "the View" is battling Monica Goodling, the Immigration Bill and the Democrats cowardly acceptance of the elimination of a timeline in the newest version of the Iraq Spending Bill for the day's top story. I don't know if any of you caught a clip of the fight between Rosie and Hasselbeck on the View yesterday. But basically, it related to the exchange that i copied below. Did Rosie call the us troops terrorists? Puhleeaaasssseeeee. She made a valid point. Hassleback is about as ignorant as the typical daytime tv viewer...and apparently a majority of journalists who seem to agree that Rosie said the troops are terrorists. The is directly from the transcripts of The View for May 17th: O'DONNELL: ...... I just want to say something. 655,000 Iraqi civilians are dead. Who are the terrorists? HASSELBECK: Who are the terrorists? O'DONNELL: 655,000 Iraqis -- I'm saying you have to look, we invaded -- HASSELBECK: Wait, who are you calling terrorists now? Americans? O'DONNELL: I'm saying if you were in Iraq, and the other country, the United States, the richest in the world, invaded your country and killed 655,000 of your citizens, what would you call us? HASSELBECK: Are we killing their citizens or are their people also killing their citizens? O'DONNELL: We're invading a sovereign nation, occupying a country against the U.N.

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    "O'DONNELL: ...... I just want to say something. 655,000 Iraqi civilians are dead. Who are the terrorists?"

So according to this person........Who are the terrorists??

If people are misinterpreting her as saying U.S. Troops are terrorists, who is she saying ARE the terrorists????

Please translate.

BTW......in case you didn't know......this person is insignificant in the world of politics and social issues.

No one listens to or are influenced by this big bag of wind.

Which is proven daily by a media who refuses to pay her any attention.

Rosie Who??

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    "O'DONNELL: ...... I just want to say something. 655,000 Iraqi civilians are dead. Who are the terrorists?"

So according to this person........Who are the terrorists??

If people are misinterpreting her as saying U.S. Troops are terrorists, who is she saying ARE the terrorists????

Please translate.

She is making a responsive point to the Bush propaganda about why we are over in Iraq and who we are fighting (and went over there to fight). We didn't take out the terrorists...we took out Saddam. If Al Queda was the target, a) they are responsible for a small fraction of the deaths in Iraq, and b) they werent in parts of Iraq anywhere near troops until we got over there. So if the shiite and sunni insurgents are the ones responsible for the large majority of us solider deaths, are they the "terrorists" that we went over to fight so that they wouldn't fight us over here??? Of course not.

To take Rosie's comments at there literal meaning is ignorant...its like showing up to a 4 year debate without knowing any background. Even if we take her words literally, she has said nothing about the us troops but about the commander in chief who sent them there. its not like our soldiers have a choice.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

BTW......in case you didn't know......this person is insignificant in the world of politics and social issues.

Rosie Who??

Taken from Variety:
    Three months in, it's still very apparent that firing Star Jones and replacing her with Rosie O'Donnell was the right ratings move for ABC's "The View."

Daytime strip notched its best-ever November sweeps ratings last month, surging 27% over its year-ago Nielsen numbers. Sweeps period was the first for the show since O'Donnell joined in September.

Overall, "The View" averaged a 1.7 rating in the key demo of women 18-49, making it the No. 4 show in all of daytime.

"The View" also scored record ratings in the total viewer category, attracting an average aud of 3.4 million viewers -- up 15% vs. the same frame in 2005.

I'd say 3.4 million people with a voice is something.

I don't agree with everything she says and she can definitely be on some way out shit at times, but I'm glad that discussions about the current administration are being carried out publicly.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

Rosie Who??

Taken from Variety:
    Three months in, it's still very apparent that firing Star Jones and replacing her with Rosie O'Donnell was the right ratings move for ABC's "The View."

Daytime strip notched its best-ever November sweeps ratings last month, surging 27% over its year-ago Nielsen numbers. Sweeps period was the first for the show since O'Donnell joined in September.

Overall, "The View" averaged a 1.7 rating in the key demo of women 18-49, making it the No. 4 show in all of daytime.

"The View" also scored record ratings in the total viewer category, attracting an average aud of 3.4 million viewers -- up 15% vs. the same frame in 2005.

I don't agree with everything she says and she can definitely be on some way out shit at times, but I'm glad that discussions about the current administration are being carried out publicly.

what's important is that an otherwise superficial and vacuous daytime show has become a place for heated serious debate on this war. nobody gives a fuck about the dyke and the barbie.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    "O'DONNELL: ...... I just want to say something. 655,000 Iraqi civilians are dead.

there is valid evidence that this is a low estimate

for what that's worth

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Rosie Who??

Taken from Variety:

what's important is that an otherwise superficial and vacuous daytime show has become a place for heated serious debate on this war. nobody gives a fuck about the dyke and the barbie.

My wife gives me daily reports on the Barbie being publicly flayed by Rosie, she loves watching Hasselbeck get the slapdown. And not that Rosie is any kind of intellectual heavyweight, but when compared to Hasselbeck, she's a fucking nuclear physicist.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Rosie Who??

Taken from Variety:

My wife gives me daily reports on the Barbie being publicly flayed by Rosie, she loves watching Hasselbeck get the slapdown. And not that Rosie is any kind of intellectual heavyweight, but when compared to Hasselbeck, she's a fucking nuclear physicist.

uh dude you need to fire your wife because she has been feeding you bullshit.

seriously I might have had some grudging respect for Rosie's position if she hadn't TOTALLY BACKPEDALED ON THESE COMMENTS.

check out the more recent video clips: http://newsbusters.org/node/12956

Rosie TOTALLY denies that she was suggesting that the US troops are terrorists, when that's exactly what she was suggesting. instead she pulls the oppressed fat lesbian card. weakest sauce ever. if she had any balls she woulda stuck to her comments, however disagreeable they may have been. Rosie sucks.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Rosie Who??

Taken from Variety:

uh dude you need to fire your wife because she has been feeding you bullshit.

seriously I might have had some grudging respect for Rosie's position if she hadn't TOTALLY BACKPEDALED ON THESE COMMENTS.

check out the more recent video clips: http://newsbusters.org/node/12956

Rosie TOTALLY denies that she was suggesting that the US troops are terrorists, when that's exactly what she was suggesting. instead she pulls the oppressed fat lesbian card. weakest sauce ever. if she had any balls she woulda stuck to her comments, however disagreeable they may have been. Rosie sucks.

I really don't want to get this twisted: I am NO fan of Rosie. However, Hasselbeck is as stupid as Rosie is obnoxious. From the taped segments I saw, they both were talking out their asses, and neither one had any real cogent points, but Rosie's were more pointed than Hasselbeck's, IMO.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I think Rosies numbers are pretty good. Numbers that are much higher count people who have died from secondary causes like the complete collapse of the health care system leading to the death of diabetics and other easily treated patientents.

http://www.iraqbodycount.net/database/

This discussion, if it were to be an intelligent one would bring up lots of interesting questions. It would not be about Rosie and the view, it would be about Iraq and the US execution of the war.

If you are attacking a military target (like US soldiers) are you a terrorist?
    If you are attacking civilian targets does that make you a terrorist?
    What is a terrorist?
    Does the number of Iraqis killed even matter as long as we are fighting al Qaeda there and not here?
    Did Saddam need to be a strong arm dictator to keep Iraq from falling into sectarian violence?
    Was life better under Saddam than it is today?