Kanye's rippin off Swizz...

2»

Comments

• PLURPLUR 28 Posts
    thIs iz GRATE GUYZ! Finalee a nu trend were all the difrent kindz of BREAKZ r mixd 2gether!!!!!!!!!!!! Daft Punk r real pineering BREAKZ headz and so are KANE WEST!!! Therez no speration. Itz all BREAKZ!!!!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    thIs iz GRATE GUYZ! Finalee a nu trend were all the difrent kindz of BREAKZ r mixd 2gether!!!!!!!!!!!! Daft Punk r real pineering BREAKZ headz and so are KANE WEST!!! Therez no speration. Itz all BREAKZ!!!!

wow.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    the alter egos are killing it today.now dan savage needs to pop up and the cipher will be complete.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    This is laughable at best. Swizz isn't even remotely close to Kanye's level on either rhymes or beats.

YEAH I SAID IT!

uhh dude on the mic they are about equal, i.e. they should both leave it alone.

thank you. both are laughable.

MASSIVE MOTHERFUCKING COSIGNATURE.[/b]

And add both Madlib and Dilla to the list of producers that should never, EVER have been allowed to curse the mike.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    and on another note...

Wasn't the Technologic "touch it" sample lifted from an old disco tune? Could be the wine but I could swear my boy has the OG.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Why does everyone look demonic and 4 feet tall?

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    sorry to get off-topic, and plaese to correct if i'm wrong, but did Swizz do Eve's "Tambourine" joint? I thought i heard his name mentioned in it. That song is my shit right about now.

Chuck Brown vocal samples =

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    And add both Madlib and Dilla to the list of producers that should never, EVER have been allowed to curse the mike.

I'll give you Madlib, he's pretty uninspiring (which is sad cause some of his beats are great ideas that sound thoroughly unfinished. But Dilla? Forreal? I mean dude isn't a crazy lyricist but he can hold his own.

Half of me is glad I'm hearing less of Kanye these days, cause he gets old quickly, but shit is better than 90 percent of whats on the radio, so I don't know.

• Wasn't the Technologic sample lifted from an old disco tune?

"Robot Rock" incorporates chunks of "Release the Beast" by Breakwater, but I think "Technologic" is sample free.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    its asstonishing that A-Trak is still doing his thing with kanye. that whole bit in his sunglasses video is mad akward.

Wha' happened?

basically, a trak is hanging out with kanye and his entourage and seems really timid. Atrack and kanye go shopping for shoes and there are some embarassing kanye moments in there. i checked youtube for a video and it isnt there.
    i dont blame him for doing it. he just seemed kind of skurd. meh, whatever. poppykosh.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    scared? he's been Kanye's DJ for 2 years. he solos in front of crowds of 60,000+ when they open for U2 and Rolling Stones.

a picture from his DJ booth:

A-Trak comes off awkward in the the video because he's kind of a nerd. Dude is from Montreal, what do you want?

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

damn. when you've got speakers in the trees you know it's the REAL. DEAL.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

I'll give you Madlib, he's pretty uninspiring (which is sad cause some of his beats are great ideas that sound thoroughly unfinished. But Dilla? Forreal? I mean dude isn't a crazy lyricist but he can hold his own.

Half of me is glad I'm hearing less of Kanye these days, cause he gets old quickly, but shit is better than 90 percent of whats on the radio, so I don't know.

Dilla's alright flipping part of a chorus or a quick drop when paired up with someone respectable, but compare that to something like Jaylib and you'll see what I mean.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    And add both Madlib and Dilla to the list of producers that should never, EVER have been allowed to curse the mike.[/b]

Dilla's alright flipping part of a chorus or a quick drop when paired up with someone respectable, but compare that to something like Jaylib and you'll see what I mean.

If you're judging Dilla's lyrical ability based off of Jaylib, then you're making a mistake.

F*ck the Police? The Fantastic volumes? Ruff Draft?

Crazy unique flow that complemented his production so well.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    How is he ripping off Swizz?

His new song has the same Daft Punk sample that swizz used for Busta's "touch it". It doesn't sound exact- but i suspect that track wasn't on his radar before Swizzy used it. Most Daft punk fans were hatin on that record when it came out.

No, it doesn't - Swizz used "Technologic", and Kanye's used "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger". More likely Kanye got up on Daft Punk via Dilla, who was a big fan, I understand.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    And add both Madlib and Dilla to the list of producers that should never, EVER have been allowed to curse the mike.[/b]

If you're judging Dilla's lyrical ability based off of Jaylib, then you're making a mistake.

F*ck the Police? The Fantastic volumes? Ruff Draft?

De gustibus non est disputandum...

I like the instrumentals

• 40ozking40ozking 308 Posts
    Were you crying when Dr Dre jacked the same David McCallum sample as Missin Linx?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    dilla was a serviceable rapper

'touch it' was terrible, and i normally like nu-swizz

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Hey Yung Pho, you're avatar seems to be broken.
    Lemme fix that:
    IMG SRC=http://i15.tinypic.com/61xiyxw.jpg>
    There we go.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    DAYYYUM,

• Ruff Draft?[/i]

loved that shit.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    scared? he's been Kanye's DJ for 2 years. he solos in front of crowds of 60,000+ when they open for U2 and Rolling Stones.

a picture from his DJ booth:

A-Trak comes off awkward in the the video because he's kind of a nerd. Dude is from Montreal, what do you want?

im not making a complaint or asking for anything im just saying it seems like shopping for boutique $$$$$$$shoes is not his thang and it is kanye's thang. merely a clash of interests. this is a huge move for him and its great that he is doing it. i would too if given the opportunity.