I AM F'KING RAGING MAD, EBAY ADVICE NEEDED

JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
I am so freaking ticked right now I can hardly see straight. Dude in the UK buys a 6 dollar VG [/b] record and leaves a negative because it is "scatched"FUCK HIM..... WHAT DO I SAY!!???... Im Sorry but I feel A NEGATIVE IS IN ORDER. He has a 100% so bitch is going down....he never contacted us to complain or anything ???We offer refunds no problem, especially on a 6 dollar B.I.N. record and our grading is our strongest point in this stupid new system?!?God I am so pissed at this prick.

Comments

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    fuck him. Im sure you get a lot of positive feedback anyways...

fuck this douche..

you email him about this "scratch"??

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Is feedback retractable still? Send him a message outlining the fact that he has no reason to complain, and break down the grading system, saying that you will leave very negative feedback if he doesn't change what he says, making it clear that you will put his eBay handle on blast to other sellers if he doesn't comply. The guy obviously doesn't understand record grading or the importance of eBay feedback.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    ^^^^^^exactly.

• No offense: but holms, it's eBay.

Fuck 'em. Don't loose any sleep over that shit.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Ughrrrggghhhhh. This kills me..I mean, WTF?

If it skipped or something let me know..but a VG record? I would have gladly given him his money back.

I just need something to say when I leave him his negative. Something like.....

" wouldn't you have rather had your money back than this"

He only has like 57 feedback score soooooo......what the hell ever, Im so mad negotiating is out of the question. I may sleep on it and see how I feel tomorrow. I have to leave him negative first before anything can be retracted anyways....right??

I know I shouldnt get worked up over it, but our first negative was over some paypal chargeback scam bullshit so none of it is warranted and that is what gets me.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    shouldnt get worked up over it

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    This is exactly why I would never sell a record in VG condition.

But would you ever buy one? If not then I take there are quite a few genres that you wouldn't dare dip into.

• This is exactly why I would never sell a record in VG condition.

But would you ever buy one?

Not from you. You have a negative feedback.

j/k

• aww Alice, don't let it get you that worked up. Not the end of the word or anyhthing . Or you could just find where they live at and show up with shank in hand, But that's just me. you seem a little more peaceful than that, though.

(btw, it's your turn!)

I know, I know....

Im trying to make it into a laughing matter.....thats why I came here..I was hoping you guys would have some comical responces for me to leave him.

Here is a letter I just composed, but have not yet sent:

HELLO HENRY2036, I AM A LITTLE CURIOUS AS TO WHY YOU DID NOT CONTACT US PRIOR TO LEAVING A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. HAD YOU DONE THIS YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN WE WOULD HAVE OFFERED YOU A REFUND IF YOU WERE UNSATISFIED WITH YOUR $6 VG RECORD. PERHAPS YOU DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT VG MEANS AS I NOTICE YOU ARE AN EBABY. AT ANYRATE, I WILL BE SURE TO RETURN THE NEGATIVE YOU LEFT AND LET ALL OF MY RECORD DEALER FRIENDS KNOW THAT THEY SHOULD NOT SELL TO YOU BECAUSE OF YOUR HIGH RISK FACTOR. MIGHT I SUGGEST YOU VISIT A SITE LIKE THIS:

http://www.recordcollectorsguild.org/mod...artid=17&page=1

FOR A QUICK LESSON IN GRADING AS I THINK YOU WILL NEED IT.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR EBAY EXPERIENCE, YOU ARE OFF TO A GREAT START.

HAVE A FAIR DAY.

But would you ever buy one? If not then I take there are quite a few genres that you wouldn't dare dip into.

I usually don't bid on anything graded as G or VG. Just to avoid dissapointments. Everybody seems to have their own idea about grading but G and VG to me are bad in general. I would take a gamble on a cheap rare though but I'm not going to complain if it happens to be fucked up.
    I buy a lot of brazilian stuff so yeah...I dip into the sketchy genres too.

As for selling I just want to make sure people are happy with the condition of their purchase, no matter what it is.
    A rare record, completely fucked up, doesn't mean a thing to me.

Yes I would buy a VG record, but I'm not going to complain afterwards when it turns out to be completely fucked up. I buy a lot of brazilian stuff but bidding on a VG or VG+ record from Brazil is generally bad news. Depending on the price I take a gamble every now and then.
    I don't see the point of collecting thrashed records so I try to be cautious.

As for selling. I just want to make sure people are happy with their purchase, no matter what it is. For that matter I don't sell VG records.

I hear what you are saying and agree with most of it...Except that a VG record equals a bad record. A VG record is a obviously used record, not a bad one. Your saying that as a buyer you take a gamble and already have low expectations. But If the seller is grading accurately a VG record should be a good record in used condition, plenty of rotations left in its life, right? I feel we lived up to that end of the bargain and that this guy is just ass hurt over a $20 hip hop record that he got for 6 bucks because it wasn't in $20 condition. At any rate, the least he could have done was give us the opportunity to figure it out before going this route. Nothing about this is ok, I mean, dude didn't contact us at all and Im still not getting the comic relief I was looking for so.....

I hear what you are saying and agree with most of it...Except that a VG record equals a bad record. A VG record is a obviously used record, not a bad one. Your saying that as a buyer you take a gamble and already have low expectations. But If the seller is grading accurately a VG record should be a good record in used condition, plenty of rotations left in its life, right? I feel we lived up to that end of the bargain and that this guy is just ass hurt over a $20 hip hop record that he got for 6 bucks because it wasn't in $20 condition. At any rate, the least he could have done was give us the opportunity to figure it out before going this route. Nothing about this is ok, I mean, dude didn't contact us at all and Im still not getting the comic relief I was looking for so.....

Ofcourse I agree with you on the fact he should have contacted you first before leaving a negative. That's the way ebay works right?
    Also I don't say by any means that it's wrong to sell a VG record. As long as it is clear what condition a record is in people can decide for themselves to bid or leave it alone.
    I once sold a record in sketchy condition. I graded the record as VG+ and even clearly described what condition the record and sleeve were in. Regardless of this the buyer was not happy. At least he got in touch with me so we sorted things out in the end but for me this was the reason to no longer sell VG records.
    Think it's just a personal choice really. And again I don't think you are to blame in any way. You did what you had to do but unfortunately you were dealing with a buyer who's lacking the required communication skill to solve things like this.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Tell him you grade by taste, and it tasted VG+ with a hint of G, and undertones of VG. Then tell him to taste for himself, and report back. If he still feels cheated, tell him you'll refund his money if he returns the uneaten portion, but only if its apparent that he did indeed conduct a fair tasting of the record.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    random negatives from toys are part of the territory,its inescapeable as a seller
    ,any "real buyer" will note this
    and it will not deter them from bidding on yer wax
    also send the toy a link to this thread and leave him a neg with the chance to retract his neg first
    don't forget to add a reply to the neg he left you explaining what a tinker toy this douche really is
    frustrating bs though

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    haha I had the same thing happen yesterday, someone with 8 feedbacks left me negative feedback saying a VG record I sent him "looks like it was dragged behind a bus." (which is bullshit). i got mad, left him negative feedback, he mutually retracted, life goes on. Power Seller, bitch!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    those first couple of negatives sting like hell, but by number 4, you just take it in stride.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    just post a reply in his negative feedback, something to the effect of "Buyer refused to acknowledge the terms of the auction" and also leave him negative with something to the same affect...but add "avoid at all costs, does not read entire auction"...chances are he will retract his and if he doesnt..his one negative(with that reply) in your sea of positives wont detract buyers one bit...

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    I feel you jA - I've been in the same position more than a few times before. The thing to remember is you should:

1. NEVER LET STUPID PEOPLE MAKE YOU THIS ANGRY.

2. never think that you can sell records on ebay for as long as you have and not run into stupid people.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I know, I know....

Im trying to make it into a laughing matter.....thats why I came here..I was hoping you guys would have some comical responces for me to leave him.

HELLO HENRY2036, I AM A LITTLE CURIOUS AS TO WHY YOU DID NOT CONTACT US PRIOR TO LEAVING A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. HAD YOU DONE THIS YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN WE WOULD HAVE OFFERED YOU A REFUND IF YOU WERE UNSATISFIED WITH YOUR $6 VG RECORD. PERHAPS YOU DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT VG MEANS AS I NOTICE YOU ARE AN EBABY. AT ANYRATE, I WILL BE SURE TO RETURN THE NEGATIVE YOU LEFT AND LET ALL OF MY RECORD DEALER FRIENDS KNOW THAT THEY SHOULD NOT SELL TO YOU BECAUSE OF YOUR HIGH RISK FACTOR. MIGHT I SUGGEST YOU VISIT A SITE LIKE THIS:

HAVE A FAIR DAY.

Two pieces of advice:

- Don't send him an email in ALL CAPS. It comes across very aggro.

- Change "Have a fair day" to "Have a VG day."

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Im still not getting the comic relief I was looking for so.....

alice i'd say just leave him a negative and see how he responds... you'll feel better, and most likely he'll contact you asking whaddup. which at that point you can offer to mutually withdrawal the neg's.

OR you can leave it as is and respond to his negative so that other buyers know what went down.

have g+ day!!

(btw, ebaby? priceless!)

I know, I know....

HAVE A FAIR DAY.

Two pieces of advice:

- Don't send him an email in ALL CAPS. It comes across very aggro.

- Change "Have a fair day" to "Have a VG day."

Ok, Im cooled. I slept on it. I took your advice Hogg. The all caps was just my immediate reaction. Ive sent him a slighlty toned down version of the above letter without the all caps. I also left him a negative going on what the The Hook Up said above. I aint sweating it, intially it really got me going, but I was just trying to find the humor in it even last night when I was super pissed.

Thanks everyone who responded today and last night. If you missed it his ebay handle is: HENRY2036

What a tool. Im glad this doesnt happen very often and the idiots are more few than many. Relatively speaking of course.

Thanks again everyone, your comments are greatly appreciated. have a good hump day.