DJ AM ?

13»

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    and can we please get it right? His name is pronounced "D' Jam" (yes Pump Up), NOT "DEE JAY AYE EM".

Mmmmmmkay?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This is

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Where did the whole "O Rly" owl thing originate anyways? Learn me.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

Where did the whole "O Rly" owl thing originate anyways? Learn me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_RLY%3F

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    This thread is the extra-embarrassing corollary to the "Why can't I play good music in the club" and "Why does no one come to my club night" threads.

Guilty

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    and can we please get it right? His name is pronounced "D' Jam" (yes Pump Up), NOT "DEE JAY AYE EM".

Mmmmmmkay?

this says otherwise

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Mmmmmmkay?

this says otherwise

He's from NY so it sounds like "D' Jeeeyam".

PUMP IT

yo you all know I'm kidding about this shit right?

• we shop at tar-jhay too.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    This past winter I went to a Sundance party where Kid Millionaire was spinning. I was much more impressed with the opening DJ's (some local, Salt Lake City kid) ability and song selection. Someone (corporate sponsor) wasted some $$$$ that night.

I work for a company called Skinparty. I do some design on the side. They paid dj skribble like $10K for one party on New Years a year or two ago. They lost their ass on that party.

That sucks.

Skribble got a bad rep from some folks because of being on MTV, but he's been grinding just as long as AM has if not longer (YBT!!!). He's just as nice with house music as he is with hiphop and reggae, i got some good radio tapes to back that up. I've been to a couple of parties that he straight murdered, only time I saw him where it didn't work was one night in Twilo he came on in the middle of a house music night and cut up Peter Piper for what seemed like an eternity.

Everyone has off nights, but it's hard to concieve of some of these dudes who've been djing for 20+ years all of a sudden sucking or forgetting how to rock a party.

I think there have been some threads where dudes on here have dissed Funkmaster Flex, I can see some younger folks around the country some day calling him a celebrity dj too without any knowledge of his history in NYC.

Pointless sidenote: Skribble was a busboy at my friend's parent's pizza shop.

OH SHIT! A DJ Skribble fan!

I've acctually seen him do that "peter-piper" routine a handful of times over the years.... Let's not forget that DJ Scratch invented that shit years ago !!!!

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Let's not forget that DJ Jazzy Jeff invented that shit years ago !!!!

• Options
    This past winter I went to a Sundance party where Kid Millionaire was spinning. I was much more impressed with the opening DJ's (some local, Salt Lake City kid) ability and song selection. Someone (corporate sponsor) wasted some $$$$ that night.

I work for a company called Skinparty. I do some design on the side. They paid dj skribble like $10K for one party on New Years a year or two ago. They lost their ass on that party.

That sucks.

Skribble got a bad rep from some folks because of being on MTV, but he's been grinding just as long as AM has if not longer (YBT!!!). He's just as nice with house music as he is with hiphop and reggae, i got some good radio tapes to back that up. I've been to a couple of parties that he straight murdered, only time I saw him where it didn't work was one night in Twilo he came on in the middle of a house music night and cut up Peter Piper for what seemed like an eternity.

Everyone has off nights, but it's hard to concieve of some of these dudes who've been djing for 20+ years all of a sudden sucking or forgetting how to rock a party.

I think there have been some threads where dudes on here have dissed Funkmaster Flex, I can see some younger folks around the country some day calling him a celebrity dj too without any knowledge of his history in NYC.

Pointless sidenote: Skribble was a busboy at my friend's parent's pizza shop.

OH SHIT! A DJ Skribble fan!

I've acctually seen him do that "peter-piper" routine a handful of times over the years.... Let's not forget that DJ Scratch invented that shit years ago !!!!

You got me cutiepie. I'm so embarrased.