Love A Rhodes

doughboydoughboy 190 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
Just picked up the Dj Mitsu 'Another Roses' mix tape. Jap import so not cheep... but it's frikin good. Kind of like an On Track (but with the tracks played out more) for noodly jazz heads. Definitely one for a late night / early morning chill - pour a strong coffee or some single malt and skin up. Bliss.Please to share more on this tip.Tracklisting as follows1 - 4. Introses5. O.S.T.(THEY CALL ME MR TIBBS) / BLACK CHERRY 6. MASARU.I / SEA WEEDS 7. JOHN PAYNE'S / BEHIND HER EYES 8. DUCAN LAMONT / SUDDENRY IT'S SUMMER 9. ALAN TEW / THE FENCE 10. DAVE HUBBARD / DEVIKA 11. JOHN DANKWORTH / THEME:DARLING 12. OSCAR PETERSON / SOLAR WINDS 13. FLIP NUNEZ / SEE YOU LATER 14. THE FRANK CUNIMONDO TRIO / WE'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN 15. MARCOS RESENDE & INDEX / VIDIGAL 16. INFINITE JONES / INFINITE JONES 17. JOE HENDERSON / TRESS-CUN-DEO-LA 18. THE CABILDO / BARRIO BUENO 19. RHYTHM COMBINATION & BRASS / MR.CLEAN 20. OLLI AHVENLAHTI / CADENZA FOR CHRISTINA listen 21. MAT MARUCCI / WE DO VOO DOO 22. STEVE KUHN / THE MEANING OF LOVE 23. ALIVE! / HEAVEN IS IN YOUR MIND 24. THE SINGERS UNLIMITED / GREEN DOLPHIN STREET 25. O.S.T.(S.A.S A SAN SALVADOR) / GRAND THEME MALKO 26. PIANO FENDER BLUCE / HONEY MOON 27. CLARE FISCHER / MORNING

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Jap import so not cheep...

• thesolelifethesolelife 369 Posts

Love that CD, hate that f*cking word though. Been hearing that word all my life and it sounds so hateful- especially knowing where it comes from. Like the N word (although not as long, historically), that shit is deep rooted.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Love that CD, hate that f*cking word though. Been hearing that word all my life and it sounds so hateful- especially knowing where it comes from. Like the N word (although not as long, historically), that shit is deep rooted.

Well, I was being half-joking. For folks outside the U.S., the term probably holds little meaning and I doubt the poster realized it one way or another.

I was at a Japanese restaurant in Torrance with my family (my wife and her fam are all 4th gen JAs, her parents and grandparents all went through the camps, etc.) and we saw a postcard for this new Japanese-language magazine in L.A. called...

Jappy (the postcard explained, "Japanese + Happy = Jappy!)

personally, I thought the shit was kind of funny but my wife was mortified.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Jap import so not cheep

DIE (!!!!) WATCH YOUR E-BACK.

• doughboydoughboy 190 Posts
    Just re-read post... Hell... no offence meant. Apologies.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    most (non-us) probably reads it as just a shortening, like us, uk, swe, can etc.

• doughboydoughboy 190 Posts
    So, ah, back to the real topic then...

Jazz-ical mixtapes - rep your fav.