Sugar Minott Mix

TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
edited May 2007 in Announcements
Being the week of his birth (May 25th 1956) We span through the very beginning of Mr. Minott's career on the Studio One label, all the way through the early 90's. Sugar is one of only a handful of artists that was able to maintain there success through over thirty years of recordings. Touching down on almost every influential label including his own Black Roots. This mix we try the very impossible. Giving you a small sampling of this man's very large catalog. From Studio One, Black Roots, Trojan, Prince Jammy, Powerhouse, and Steely & Cleevy. From lovers to conscience roots and everything else along the way.01 Lovers Rock02 Man Hungry03 House is Not a Home04 come Sister Come05 Funny Tricks06 ?07 Hard Time Pressure08 Jah is On My Mind09 Jah Loves His People10 Pick Up the Pieces11 Bubbling12 Rhythm Matic13 Walking Through the Ghetto14 Row Fast15 Change Your Ways16 This Old Man17 Jah I Love You18 Gwaan My Youth Download Stream

Comments

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Thank you VERY MUCH for this!

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    My pleasure. This is barely scratching the surface on his talents. Tried to cover a few that havent been comped on the recent studio 1 / souljazz reissues.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Yeah, there is so much killer stuff to choose from: "All Kinda People (Come a Dance)" or "Herbsman Hustling" or "Wicked A Go Feel It"...it's a very daunting task to make a Minott mix, but this one's very nice.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts