healthstrut - recipes

2»

Comments

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    File under Bug Raer, but if anyone is interested in some cicadas, I can maybe mail you some for a reasonable fee. Basically, they are these beetle-like creatures that rise from the dirt every 17 years for a month of crazy fucking in the trees. Then they lay eggs and die off. Rinse and repeat. Supposedly, they're pretty high in protein and, with a few million expected to hatch, quite a bargain to boot. They are going to take over the greater Chicago area any day now.

I'll clean out my PM box now.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,902 Posts

support local farmers

thai coconut curries

I grow my own chillis. I don't eat potatoes, which is what my local farmers pimp. Thais have the food game on lock.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    File under Bug Raer, but if anyone is interested in some cicadas, I can maybe mail you some for a reasonable fee. Basically, they are these beetle-like creatures that rise from the dirt every 17 years for a month of crazy fucking in the trees. Then they lay eggs and die off. Rinse and repeat. Supposedly, they're pretty high in protein and, with a few million expected to hatch, quite a bargain to boot. They are going to take over the greater Chicago area any day now.

Whoa... is that coming up again? Shit, I guess it was 17 years ago. I was 10 and living in Evanston at the time. That shit was crazy!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

Whoa... is that coming up again? Shit, I guess it was 17 years ago. I was 10 and living in Evanston at the time. That shit was crazy!

Yup. I remember playing soccer in the forest preserve, and them flying in my mouth.

A few recipes, though by the looks of it, they must not taste very good if you have to add: Salt, pepper, garlic, soy, lime, lemon, salsa, vingear. Haha.

Cicadas, anyone?