The 13th Amendment - The Stretch 45 question

vinylstalkervinylstalker 397 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
I just picked up a copy this morning of The 13th Amendment, "the strectch" 45 on Slave Records outta Baton Rouge.Now, I have a VG+ copy of this record,I found it about 10 years ago, and thisis the only other copy I have ever seen,and I have been digging in this area sincethe mid-'90s.Anyhoo, this copy I picked up today istotally RINKED, super faded labels, tonsof surface noise, etc. I haven't givenit a good cleaning yet, but I cant imagineit cleans up to anymore than a G+ or VG-.My question is, does the rarity and/ordesirability of this piece make this prettythrashed copy a sellable copy?When something is really rare (in the Funk45 world)do people pick 'em up for, I dunno, archival purposes or something?Maybe I should take this to Fryers board....

Comments

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    if it plays ok, make a sound clip and throw it on ebay and it should still sell for good $

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    i think you should still flip it if you want. youll still catch some dough but nowhere near the going price. the last one i sold (rather the only one i ever had) i think i got $300 or something like that for a mint- copy.

its hard to get but not super rare or anything. not a holy grail either. just a good funk track.

get yourself some good trade for that id assume...

• O.k., thanks jinx.
    I was under the assumption that it was
    quite rare.
    As for quality, yeah, I never have really
    understood why it was so wanted.
    I personally think that almost all of the
    other known BR pieces, like the Sisters&Brothers,
    Tabby Thomas, Dynamic Walter B, hell even
    the Crazy Stomp, are much better funk songs.

If I get $50 I will be stoked.

• KidKKidK 119 Posts

The 13th Amendment, "the strectch" 45 on
    Slave Records outta Baton Rouge.

least white sounding record, ever.