Mike Heron interview at UNKUT.COM

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
My man is Much rael talk here... check it if you haven't already checked ithttp://www.unkut.com/2007/05/hydra-special-mike-heron-interview/#more-348

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    All his stories about Rawkus and G-Rap are killing me right now:

"Rawkus were like the kids in high school that buy everybody ice-cream. ???We???re having a pizza party guys!??? They tried to sit at the cool table, and motherfuckers sent them to go get sodas and shit. They weren???t at the cool table and they tried desperately to sit at the cool table, and motherfuckers weren???t havin??? it. It???s as simple as that."

• Options
    I remember when they were trying to do the GRap record. The dude Wally who ran Rawkus' drum n bass label would just sit there and shake his head about how they were fucking the whole thing up.

Nice to see a Tony Bones interview on there too, i aways wondered what happened to him.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Who???s the most difficult artist that you???ve worked with in the studio?[/b]
    I don???t know, man. Everybody???s been pretty cool. Everybody???s weird, you know, everybody???s nuts. Everybody???s got their quirks and shit. I???ve been doing it for a minute, and I hear a lot of horror stories and I???ve been part of them, but after a while it???s just like ???whatever man???. I don???t think anyone???s been worse than any other???they???re all pretty bad, man. They???re all really, really bad, homie. I can tell you who???s really easy to work with - Nate Dogg. Let me put it to you this way - the positive, underground, ???cool??? rappers that everybody thinks are really cool are the most difficult pieces of shit you???ll ever fuck with. The positive, coffee-shop rappers are the most difficult. I???ll leave it at that. They???re always late, they???ve always got a complaint, they???re always high, they???re always bitching and moaning about bullshit - they???re the worst. Unprofessional assholes. Underground rappers are the worst???from my experience.

Good read.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Damn, he really shits on T-Ray.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Great interview. Mike keeps it real!

"It???s still about money, hoes and clothes - I???ll leave it at that. He raps about whatever the fuck he raps about, but at the end of the day it???s still money, hoes and clothes, B."

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Dope interview. Frontin' is corny (Rawkus and T-Ray related), be yourself!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    "You can sit there and talk about space and Granola bars all day, nigga [I burst out laughing], but until you make a great record? You ain???t a fuckin??? MC my man."

this interview should be required reading.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Should I check Joell Ortiz? I love that classic screwball & big l shit, late 90s/early 00s rap sound

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    This interview is fantastic

They???ve never worked, they don???t know what it is to take the train, to get up early in the morning, to wake-up and your fucking lights aren???t on, to wake up to roaches, to wake up to ???I hit the lotto and I???m gonna go and spend the money in the after hours??? - that???s ghetto fabulous! Who the fuck are you to tell me about ghetto fabulous motherfucker! That???s ghetto fabulous. Hitting the number and going out and dancing with your girl and getting some nice shoes???wearing your Sunday clothes on Saturday night and going to church on Sunday with liquor on your breath! [I???m dying with laughter at this point] That???s ghetto fabulous, motherfucker! You don???t know anything about that! So don???t tell me how to make ???ghetto fabulous??? records!