Request: Instrumental covers of Feelin' Groovy...

erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
...aka "The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)" by Simon and Garfunkel. Mp3s would be ideal, but even if you can just point me to some artists/albums that cover it. I need this for a project I'm working on, so it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Can't think of any covers at all apart from the Gunther Kallman one and it's not really an instrumental.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    The Free Design have a nice one with vocals on the "Kites Are Fun" LP. That was the only one I was immediately familiar with, but my research has turned up covers by The Seekers, Percy Faith, Harper's Bazarre, Brenda Lee, and many more. None are instrumentals so far, though. There's gotta be something. It's so ripe for the easy listening/muzak/cheesecake treament.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    ...aka "The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)" by Simon and Garfunkel. Mp3s would be ideal, but even if you can just point me to some artists/albums that cover it. I need this for a project I'm working on, so it would be much appreciated.

I used to play it on guitar in my bedroom. I played it with a nice decending bass line and assending melody line. Kinda like a major key Stairway To Heaven but with out the arppegios.

Percy Faith has a nice El Condor Paso, also some budget record with a PYHITH break has a nice El Condor Paso.

Sorry no help here.