TX and LA obscure rapp singles help plaese

vinylstalkervinylstalker 397 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
Im in the process of putting up some rekkerds onEbay, and I am having some trouble finding any infoon a few "random" early 90's-late '80s TX and LA twelves.Any info appreciated:MC-1 GRAND - "International player"/"ColdBlooded", International Player Productions Records, 1990, Houston, TXTHE MASTER - "Boom The Master Is Rockin It", Bass Quake Records, 1992,Lafayette, LA, (total DIY blank cover with pasted on promo pic)THE PRETTY BOYS - "We Rock The Beat", TPB Records, 198?, Houston, TXDEVASTATING TWIN - "All Beceause Of My Name"/"Let My Rhyme Go",Hard Core Records, 1990, NewOrleans, LAAMEER STEIN - "A Day Without A Rhyme", Nicks Records, 198?, N.O., LA(??)Not from TX or LA, but the only info I can find is some Japanese websitethat I cant understand:OKEY DOKE - "Who's Da One Rappin", Big Boss Records, NY,NYAND, can anyone clear up the whole "random rap" tag for me?Are we talkin 88-92 JB samples on small labels basically?Sorry, but I'm pretty Thanks.

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    AND, can anyone clear up the whole "random rap" tag for me?
    Are we talkin 88-92 JB samples on small labels basically?
    Sorry, but I'm pretty

These days on eBay people seem to think that any private/small label hip-hop can be labeled random rap. My understanding of the term originally was pre-1990 non-electro sample-based hip-hop on small or private labels.

• My understanding of the term originally was pre-1990 non-electro sample-based hip-hop on small or private labels.
    Well, then these definently arent "random", with the exception of the
    OkeyDoke 12. Most of these are quite electro-centric.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Ameer Stein is from Detroit.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Also, I'd like to hear the electrocentric NO and Houston shit.

• Detroit, huh?
    The Ameer Stein was the only record in the stack
    I bought that wasn't specifically labled from TX or LA.

As for the others, I'm just gonna slap em up on the
    bay with a $2 starting price and close my eyes tightly.

I will be rippping mpfrees of them as I put them up,
    so I will PM ya with some snippets.

• ADDITION:
    RCU- S/T EP- 3 tracks/Inst. -RoeCityRecords, Monroe, LA(???)
    -Now this one sounds "random" enough, samples/808, 1989.
    Anyone?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    That RCU shit bangs you should put it on your turntable and enjoy it.

You probably cannot sell it for a lot of money if that's what you're asking. $30 tops unless you catch an ebay madness moment.

• The RCU is a double.
    I definently enjoy it, and it has been
    in my crates for years.
    I was just asking who else knows/enjoys these
    records.
    I'm not looking for a cash cow.