Is the album Flood "The Rise of..." any good?????

sloppywhitesloppywhite 230 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
anyone heard this? is it any good?

Comments

• from the Acid Archives...
    Came with the typical dealer hype when reissued but is a disappointment along the lines of Farm above. Local mid-70s sort of barrock/basement AOR vibes with (God forbid) honkie funk moves. Pretty stiff and flat soundscape a la the first Agape as well - only redeeming factor is a passable consistency. Don't waste your money on this one. [PL]

• sloppywhitesloppywhite 230 Posts
    thanks rod! have you personally heard it though? any other strutters?

i typically don't trust most online reviews when it comes to obscurities like this. but if its got a few decent tracks i'd give it a shot.

• I know that OR reissued it, and they've done some other stuff like George Brigman and Rayne that I love, but I've never heard anyone who wasn't trying to sell that record say anything nice about it.

cool... then i'll save my cash.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    I have the repress, and while the music sounds good, the vocals are aweful. Too bad its not an instrumental album or that they had a different singer, because it would be fire.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I've had originals of this a few time s and while I like it I know plenty who don't. It was a Phillipino band based in NYC and their songs are mostly short(3-4 minute variety) with a decent amount of lead guitar. Some find the songs similar and boring.

so would you guys say it's along the lines of bands like Cold Blood, Smith, Abel, early Tower of Power etc... minus the horns i guess.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    so would you guys say it's along the lines of bands like Cold Blood, Smith, Abel, early Tower of Power etc... minus the horns i guess.

Nothing "funky" about it to my ears.....more like a bland version of The Cykle