Stranded in Dulles: Virginia and DC People Help!

Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
Weather's grounded me in Dulles until noon tomorrow and there's not a hotel room to be found anywhere. I'm told it's because of some sort of monstrous cop convention. I'm thinking about renting a car and driving around into the depths of Virginia. That beats a night in Dulles, which seems to be a pretty lousy airport. Any advice on where to go? I hear it's only two hours to Richmond. Should I be checking it out? Is there some crazy roadside greasy spoon I should be visiting? I've got to turn this situation into something good!

Comments

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    go diggin in bloodtamore sonny

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    If you wanna stay in DC give me a ring at the shop. Here til at least 9:30. 202-328-3345.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    monstrous cop convention

the depths of Virginia

damn these are all very scary concepts.

I'm sorry about all this; I don't really know that area.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    cop convention is out of control on some police gone wild shit.

• There's a small record shop about an hour away in Charles Town, WV...

I haven't been there in a while but she used to have some nice stuff.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    If you wanna stay in DC give me a ring at the shop. Here til at least 9:30. 202-328-3345.

A good look. Can we get a "right on!" graemlin? There's something to be said for promoting positivity,

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    I know it's late, but I'm up in Ashburn. Give me a PM if you need anything.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,084 Posts
    Weather's grounded me in Dulles until noon tomorrow and there's not a hotel room to be found anywhere. I'm told it's because of some sort of monstrous cop convention.

How could the same shit happen to the same guy twice?

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    I've got to turn this situation into something good!

JOIN THEM, BRO!!!
    COPS LIKE TO GET DOWN AND HAVE A FUNKY GOOD TIME, ALRIGHT...

call me when you get to new orleans... looks like it'll swing to have a little reunion in the south, should roll through monday evening i'd estimate. will be good to see you.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Drive down to Sandbridge and kick it there. If you're still there over July 4th I can take you to some dig spots.