›

MPC Question ???

Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
I was wondering if anyone here is using an MPC1000 with the JJ os installed ???Even though I hated my MPC2000XL this OS looks pretty good and is almost tempting me to part with my SP1200!!!

Comments

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    someone brought in a 1000 into a sesion i was working and it was nice
    but what is the jj mod?
    is that after market?
    i thought the 1000 killed a 2000/xl for features /ease of use and portability
    they are so cheap why would you off the the sp ???

• i wouldnt get a 1000..those pads have major problems..get a 2500 if any of the newer ones.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Anyone rocking the mpd 24? Little dude tools i know but im on a budget & was wondering if its worth picking 1 up.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

but what is the jj mod? is that after market?

Yeah, it's written by some japanese guys and seems to have a similar feature to the 2500, grid edit etc...

they are so cheap why would you off the the sp ???

I have a limited amount of space to put my gear as my house is so small so try to limit myself to keeping only one sampler...

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    The JJ OS is a nice soft-upgrade firmware for the 1000 that adds a slew of new features / bugfixes that Numark/Akai never bothered to fuck with. With the new OS it definitely trumps any 2000xl/3000 before it as far as functionality goes.
    As far as ditching an SP in favor of a 1000? Never that.
    The SP hasn't stayed in favor this long because of its extensive feature set. If you need more explanation I'll kindly take yours off your hands.

• rsmeetsrsmeets 35 Posts
    where can you get this mod?

thanks...

rob

where can you get this mod?

thanks...

rob

Here ya go...

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/%7Empc1000/

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    i wouldnt get a 1000..those pads have major problems..get a 2500 if any of the newer ones.

its true man. i love my 1000 but the pads are definitely flakey.

does anyone know if the jj fix improves the pad issues?

hollur.

• i just bought an mpc1000 the other day and i was wondering if you guys could explain a little more why you think the pads are buggy.i've spent a couple hours messing with it, sampling drums, making lil drum sequences and i didnt notice anything weird. the one i have is the black one if that makes a difference.

• vitasoyvitasoy 31 Posts
    Don't part with the SP! and if you do sell it to me please. JJOS has been a godsend. That is all.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    regarding the 1000s pads, the new ones are supposed to be straight. i think that covers all the black ones and some of the newer blue ones. havent fucked with my mpc in a while but jj os is the truth

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Honestly though y'all.. all this info is over at mpc-forums.com. There's about 8,000 posts that answer every question in this thread.

• KaushikKaushik 320 Posts
    Anyone rocking the mpd 24? Little dude tools i know but im on a budget & was wondering if its worth picking 1 up.

What makes the MPD 24 little dude? It's a similar approach to beat making as the real MPCs... same thing with the padkontrol which is my avatar... lots of non-little dudes are using these little dude tools...

Honestly though y'all.. all this info is over at mpc-forums.com. There's about 8,000 posts that answer every question in this thread.

Sometimes it's hard to see the wood for the tree's though !!!

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Ha i was jus screwin around really. You know what some of the ass hats on here are like, its like the player haters ball up in here some days.
    I was jus fishin for a bit of feedback on it to be honest but ive got a decent computer so im probably gonna grab one anyway when i get paid...

• anyone use the mpk49? how is it?

So it looks like i'm going to make the plunge and buy the fix from this Dude's site.

http://excommence.com/thepadfix/index.htm

Has anyone else gone through the fix on the 1000? Sounds like a pretty fun project, but want to make sure dude is legit. All I know is that I'm through with these busted pads.

• i'm returning mine in the morning, fuck paying that much money for something thats destined to fail. i think i shall wait til i can get a 2000 second hand for cheap

aside from the faulty pads, everything else on the 1000 is top notch. not to mention that the 1000 has the SD card and USB port. All that with the JJ OS upgrade + plus the pad fix, the mpc1000 will be unstoppable.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    aside from the faulty pads, everything else on the 1000 is top notch.

quality pads is one of the main reasons I like my mpc (2000).

hopefully they will re-manufacture the 1000 with proper pads and then i can see the benefits , especially with the storage options.

• stefskistefski 12 Posts

hopefully they will re-manufacture the 1000 with proper pads and then i can see the benefits , especially with the storage options.

Hopefully people will stop supporting Akai product.

Get Bhaji Loops and a cheap ass PDA.
    Get a Trigger Finger and a Mac.
    Wait for Dave Smith and Linn to drop BoomChik, should have sampling capabilities.
    Wait for Elektron to (hopefully) drop a sampling workstation.

An MPC is nice in some regards but the signal processing is

Bottom line: better value, more fun product and better product support from other manufacturers.

the black 1000's apparently have the pad fix.

however, for the rest of us slobs that got the old 1000's, the pad fix mentioned above is definitely the way to go.

honestly, all the hating that goes on re: mpc 1000 seems like blanket comments without real experience on it. get familar. the 1000 is tuff.

Wait for Dave Smith and Linn to drop BoomChik, should have sampling capabilities.

Rumour is that that this isn't a sampling drum machine...

• stefskistefski 12 Posts

Rumour is that that this isn't a sampling drum machine...

it's still a year away. . anything can happen! it will have sample playback, so you never know. but yeah prospects of it having sampling capabilities may be a bit dim. though I'd be surprised to see roger linn on it just to add pads. ah.. listening to an Evolver you'll know it should be dope all the same.