1200 Pitch Adjust Goes Minus Both Ways

UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
My friend just called me with this problem, the plus side of pitch adjustment is also minus, so it hits minus 8 on both ends. Anyone seen this before?

Comments

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    that sure is wack.... kanye would be especially limited if this were to happen to his tech.

I haven't heard of that happening, but I had my pitch drift up and down before and I got it repaired for about 60 bucks.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    kanye would be especially limited if this were to happen to his tech.

Haha good one.

It's a real easy fix to do yourself, there are guides online if you look up "technics pitch calibration". There's just a little thing inside that you turn to change the pitch adjustment, and his is probably just way too far in one direction (I forget which is which). If this doesn't work, then he'll have to replace the pitch adjustment part, which is around $30 as I remember.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    If it is consistently going minus 8 on the plus side (pitches down through entire scale) and not fluttering, it's a pitch control issue (electrical short), and the synching will not work. It's best to get a new pitch (including a new pc board which the pitch slider solders into) installed.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    If it is consistently going minus 8 on the plus side (pitches down through entire scale) and not fluttering, it's a pitch control issue (electrical short), and the synching will not work. It's best to get a new pitch (including a new pc board which the pitch slider solders into) installed.

Yeah, this is exactly what he said, all the way through. How much you think he's looking at for parts?

kanye would be especially limited if this were to happen to his tech.

I told him to sell it to someone in Houston...

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    between $60-80 bucks, depending on where he gets the pc board. if he wants to try it w/o the board, and just replace the slider (not fun, but do-able) try 1200s.com before you hit up the labcabin, they're a bit cheaper over there, and I haven't had any problems w/ their shipping or anything (yet).