F**K Records- The Store

thesolelifethesolelife 369 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
***Venting*** ....I just went to Records in Sacramento(formally on K St and of Scratch and DJ Shadow fame)Anyways, they are in another location and I thought to check'em out.Long story short- I had a Man Parrish LP, Chivo Borraro (one on Catalyst), and an Oddessy album in my hands. I go up to the counter and this cat says, "there is another Man Parrish album over there but I can't sell you this one. My boss priced it wrong...this album is worth $100.00 dollars"Basically, I said fuck it and walked out. That's bullshit. I don't even know how much Man Parrish album is actually worth, BUT IF YOU ASS CAN'T PRICE RIGHT AND YOU ARE A SO-CALLED RECORD VENDOR/COLLECTOR, THEN IT'S NOT MY FAULT. Anyways, I'm not gonna bother because it's just records and not life or death.Records on K Street used to be nostalgic, but since the original owner passed, it's gone dowwwn hill.

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Dude, chill on yourself and deal with it. The current staff are good people. Yes, their prices can be high, but you're paying for the chance to dig through a ton of records that haven't been totally picked through, which isn't too common these days. If you don't want to pay what they ask, then don't buy it, or negotiate. They don't mark their prices on the records because so many of them have been previously priced 5, 10, or 20 years ago.

They have tried their hardest to stay at the K Street location as long as possible, and are trying hard to keep the place alive, even at the new location. I fully support them and have been meaning to get up there when I get the chance.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    i would be more mad that i live in sacramento than anything else.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    i would be more mad that i live in sacramento than anything else.

HAHAHA

THE SAC

• bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
    [quote)

this album is worth $100.00 dollars"

Lil' bit on the high side....

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    you're paying for the chance to dig through a ton of records that haven't been totally picked through

aka, "please dig through my stock and find me expensive records to sell"?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    you're paying for the chance to dig through a ton of records that haven't been totally picked through

aka, "please dig through my stock and find me expensive records to sell"?

Not only is that attitude bullshit but $100 for Man Parrish is too

[I just got a huge DJ collection and there was a MP LP w/a Sugarhill 12" inside... the only damn sleeve whose record wasn't present and I just wanted to hear it...]

• thesolelifethesolelife 369 Posts
    If you don't want to pay what they ask, then don't buy it, or negotiate. They don't mark their prices on the records because so many of them have been previously priced 5, 10, or 20 years ago.

No, you're getting it all wrong sir. The price tag WAS on it.

I know the deal-e-o in regards to negotiating. I've been to places like Groove Merchant, et al. and deal with people like a Cool Chris (who is reasonable with his prices, btw) and if I like the deal, I get it. If I don't then I simply say no, or, yes, we negotiate.

I can't help it if they mark the tag wrong. Shit, if that's the case, then the price tags on the records don't mean shit then?

I've been going to Records for many many years since the father owned it and I knew about his prices and how he used to negotiate. Again, the issue I have is not about negotiating but more about how they have things prices and should be as is. I mean, Man Parrish album shouldn't be that high anyway right?