"n***a musician"

2»

Comments

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    its on a private french label owned by the guy who plays drums on the record, and theres a second album too which i havent heard.

the stand out is definately the rap joint where a female vocalist lays down the hardest toughest and most pissed off spoken word track ive heard ever.

I have no idea about the french connection, but I am pretty sure Touche was a bay area label.

The spoken word is the best part. You understand the "n*gger music" title when you hear this, but Jonny Paycheck would accuse it of boscoe-ism. Smiley Winters threw around the n-word a lot so nobody is to be blamed for that but Smiley himself (RIP). Even up into the 80s it made it into his titles.

There is only one other LP on Touche I know of, the tanner, which was repressed as "les oublies de jazz presents..." in the early 80s with a black cover. Same tracks, easier to find.

Through a strange set of circumstances, a month ago I found cheap copies of both the tanner and the second press both in one weekend. So weird when that happens.

An album that is cool and doesn't get as much shine as the Touche LPs is smiley winters on arhoolie. I dig this record, although the double-LP-ness is a little unnecessary.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts

Just use N***A next time, nigga helmut, you borscht-boiling, lederhosen-wearing, dirk nogameski-jocking kraut.

That's incredibly fucked up. By the way, you're European as well, despite your guilt-ridden attempts to deny it.

Am I the only person who thought of this when faux posted that?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Just use N***A next time, nigga helmut, you borscht-boiling, lederhosen-wearing, dirk nogameski-jocking kraut.

That's incredibly fucked up. By the way, you're European as well, despite your guilt-ridden attempts to deny it.

Am I the only person who thought of this when faux posted that?

Nope

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    its on a private french label owned by the guy who plays drums on the record, and theres a second album too which i havent heard.

the stand out is definately the rap joint where a female vocalist lays down the hardest toughest and most pissed off spoken word track ive heard ever.

I have no idea about the french connection, but I am pretty sure Touche was a bay area label.

yes im aware that the musicians are from the US..
    however, with the bands name les oublies ensemble, on a label called touche and i recall a vocal intro with a french sounding accent, guess i thought this was some sort of french release..