"n***a musician"

inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
les oublies the jazz ensemble (private press) does anyone know/own this recordor more exactlyis anyone willing to sell his copy? give some info on this hot ish..

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    BAN

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Apparently, this is a real album... although it is exceedingly suspect that the poster couldn't be troubled to get the title right or place it in quotation marks.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Please tell me that's the artist's chosen name.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    its a bay area jazz record. nice record that doesnt pop up often. $75-100 or so i last thought it went for.

INSTEAD OF WHAT YOU SAID SAY "N WORD MUSICIAN", SON.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    oops didnt want to cause any trouble. should ve used quatatio marks.i suppose "nigga musican" is the name of the a-side track.. the girl is talking about a "nigga musician" throughout the track.. and i guess all the band is black folks..

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    oops didnt want to cause any trouble. should ve used quatatio marks.i suppose "nigga musican" is the name of the a-side track.. the girl is talking about a "nigga musician" throughout the track.. and i guess all the band is black folks..

Just use N***A next time, nigga.

Just use N***A next time, nigga helmut, you borscht-boiling, lederhosen-wearing, dirk nogameski-jocking kraut.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    its a bay area jazz record. nice record that doesnt pop up often. $75-100 or so i last thought it went for.

I ve been trying to find it the alst 6 months, no luck at all. even on ebay. any idea about the quantity pressed? seems to be really really rare. even google doesnt find any real info.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts

Just use N***A next time, nigga helmut, you borscht-boiling, lederhosen-wearing, dirk nogameski-jocking kraut.

nice move. i really like stereotypes.

oh faux-rillz you ice breaking machine!

Pull your lederhosen up, son.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts

how much?

I ve been trying to find it the alst 6 months, no luck at all. even on ebay. any idea about the quantity pressed? seems to be really really rare. even google doesnt find any real info.

well touche did a 200 run of an al tanner 45 but i believe the LP came before that. i couldnt tell you an actual number but i could guess 150-300. while there were tons of 45s released by local musicians, they didnt press up many LPs.

isnt it a play or something? i had a copy years ago and have no idea what i did with it. im not a jazz fan but i do collect the local stuff...

faux_rillz you are

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    i couldnt tell you an actual number but i could guess 150-300.

thats a bit over the top.. more like $100 at the most actually

copies pressed...

i made a mention up above that the record usually sells for $75-100 or so i thought...

im witchu cuzzo..

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts

he was referring to the quantity pressed, not the price.

he was referring to the quantity pressed, not the price.

ok sorry my bad!

anyway, i recently sold a copy

its on a private french label owned by the guy who plays drums on the record, and theres a second album too which i havent heard.

the stand out is definately the rap joint where a female vocalist lays down the hardest toughest and most pissed off spoken word track ive heard ever.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts

That's incredibly fucked up. By the way, you're European as well, despite your guilt-ridden attempts to deny it.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    By the way, you're European as well, despite your guilt-ridden attempts to deny it.

looks like they heard about your Einsturzende Neubauten fandom over there in leiderland faux.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Why, are his lederhosen showing?

(Yes, I'm aware that doesn't actually make sense logistically)

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

That's incredibly fucked up. By the way, you're European as well, despite your guilt-ridden attempts to deny it.

Dude.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    les oublies the jazz ensemble (private press)

It's amazing you got this shit right,but just decided to go with "n***a musician" instead of confirming the real title . I'm curious.... How did you manage to confuse "nigga musician" with "That nigger music" ?

Tickle me.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    an al tanner

That's odd, Jinxy Winxy, Moist said you bleached it!

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    les oublies the jazz ensemble (private press)

It's amazing you got this shit right,but just decided to go with "n***a musician" instead of confirming the real title . I'm curious.... How did you manage to confuse "nigga musician" with "That nigger music" ?

Tickle me.

..i didnt know the exact title. i dont have a copy of this. i only have a track called "les oublies de jazz ensemble - n***a musician". and if you listen the lyrics you might easily mix up "that n***er music" with "n***a musician".

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts

Dude.

Looking back at what I said, I admit that was out-of-line and stupid. I have nothing against him, despite that it came off as a personal attack. I was trying to imply that I find it odd that a highly educated white guy, who seems to like to make it known that he interacts with black people with extra special care, would be more mature than to say something I would expect to hear from my Confederate flag waving, xenophobic grandmother. I'm really sick of hearing Americans talk shit about Europeans in general.

anyway, i recently sold a copy

its on a private french label owned by the guy who plays drums on the record, and theres a second album too which i havent heard.

the stand out is definately the rap joint where a female vocalist lays down the hardest toughest and most pissed off spoken word track ive heard ever.

i know the guys who played on the record and they live in berkeley and oakland. its on touche which is an el cerrito/berkeley california label. i have other records on touche as well. william winters and james bronson co-owned the label. its not french.

al tanner, who is an arranger, composer and writer on the touche records i own, also arranged and helped write all of Darondos music. they were close friends with Eddie Foster who has some rare northern records on In, Luck, and Ocampo. i guess they were all chess players... or so i was told.

---maybe its recorded in france. i cant remember.