On selling through Ebay or whatever.

OligeeOligee 289 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
What is the best way to package and/or send a record once you have sold it?Where can I find a good rating system?

Comments

• kidinquisitivekidinquisitive 1,627 Posts

I usually go with the old pizza box (make sure to use some plastic shopping bags to stop the lp from shifting during shipping. You can also duct tape the cover to the inside of the pizza box if you want to be extra careful. Make sure to secure the flaps of the box. Hay baling twine works best for this.

Or... you could order some LP mailers and insert stiffeners from uline.com (or brasspack, bags unlimited, etc.) I say go with uline because you will have the boxes by tomorrow since they ship overnite and their shipping is very cheap compared to the others.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    What is the best way to package and/or send a record once you have sold it?
    Where can I find a good rating system?
    Thanks yall!

Just tape the jacket opening closed, scrawl the address on the sleeve and slap some stamps on there.

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    You guys are fuckin snobs. You think you're so deep because you know about some record that nobody even knows or gives a flying fuck about. This is nothing more than a my penis is bigger yours contest. Thanks for nuthin.

You guys are fuckin snobs. You think you're so deep because you know about some record that nobody even knows or gives a flying fuck about. This is nothing more than a my penis is bigger yours contest. Thanks for nuthin.

Son, check my post again. I told you everything you need to know. ULINE. Anyway, you've been registered since 2005. How did you think this was going to go down?

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    stop riding your own dick

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    stop riding you're own dick

start properly employing your punctuation marks

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts

you're quite demanding for someone we've never seen before... are we being taken hostage here?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    What is the best way to package and/or send a record once you have sold it?

If you aren't quite familiar with the grading system I'd say don't bother trying to sell right away... its gonna take some time to build up the knowledge required. Otherwise you're risking ruining your rep fast... and getting dough that you shouldn't.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

Hells yes.

And, don't forget the newspaper. In a pinch, a great stand in for the pizza box.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Zero-asshurt in four posts. He must get poor gas mileage.

Dude, check out Goldmine standards for your grading system. You've already gotten good advice on finding quality, well-priced packing materials.

Godspeed. And if you're going to hang around, try not to take the clowning personally. It's the way things roll around here.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    this thread definitely requires the drive-by lurker graemlin.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

If it's shinny it's mint.
    If it looks like sandpaper was rubbed against it mark it as non-mint

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    this thread definitely requires the drive-by lurker graemlin.

Lurker with gat in a 64 impala busting smiley folls up in a driveby plaese.

Re: grading, Check Goldmine grading standards, always grade under good light, tilt record back and forth a few times on both sides like a Sportsflic baseball card and you'll be all swizzle.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

If it's shinny it's mint.
    If it looks like sandpaper was rubbed against it mark it as non-mint M-

At least that's how I do it. And shipping? Forget what these fools are telling you. Of course a pizza box won't get your LP to its destination in decent shape. You have to use a flattened priority mailer for that.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I personally find it infinitely helpful when sellers remind me that "THIS IS A USED RECORD. DON'T EXPECT IT TO BE PERFECT."

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I personally find it infinitely helpful when sellers remind me that "THIS IS A USED RECORD. DON'T EXPECT IT TO BE PERFECT."

It's from the 60s!