Mingering Mike on NPR

Secret_ChimpSecret_Chimp 915 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
Anybody catch NPR's "Day To Day" yesterday or today? Xeni Jardin did a 2-part series on Mingering Mike (Mike is interviewed in Part 2). Soulstrut gets a nice mention.Check it out: NPR - Day To Day Studio 360 will also be running a story next week.. stay tuned!

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    The Guardian is up on it. First MM story I've seen in the UK press.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    The Guardian is up on it. First MM story I've seen in the UK press.

Yeah saw this, was a reasonably big piece in the paper including pictures of a couple of the covers so hopefully it will generate even more interest for this quality book. Typically they didn't include any links though.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Awesome!

Dori, the name dropping is appreciated to the fullest. You could have easily referred to this site in these pieces as "an Internet message board".

• None of this would have happened without Soulstrut. Real headz know the deal!

[color:white]ps. it would be great if some of you could write up a quick review of the book on Amazon. I think they make a real difference.[/color]

• strikerstriker 146 Posts
    Here's the guardian piece

& soulstrut.com gets a mention... "diggers" eh?

if anyone involved with the project is collecting press clippings & wants it i can send it over.

b

• Wow, that looks great! I'm going to try to find myself a copy right now, but if I don't have any luck I will definitely be in touch. Thanks.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Funny I was just looking through the new Forced Exposure catalog and under the Harumi reissue there's a review from www.soulstrut.com. Guess we're tastemakers now!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

& soulstrut.com gets a mention... "diggers" eh?

"Insalubrious," eh?