TannerTotalSound Library LP's ???

vinylstalkervinylstalker 397 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
Howdy all.Just picked up 3 library LPs Im having trouble finding any info on:Tanner Total Sound Library, "New TTS", William B. Tanner co., inc.I got #'s 3811, 3812, and 3813.Generic orange cover with "New tts" graphic, empty white backcover.About 50 or so short tracks per LP, Moog, Horn stabs, Drum Rolls, Synth washes.Some of the "Moog Bullets" (WBTanner's description) are quite funky.Anyway, Ive sampled 'em, I'm not gonna do anything else with em.Does anybody care about these?BigBuckUnknownLibrarySynthRarez???FiveDollarEbayFodder??Thanks

Comments

• Anyone?

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    after doing some google work, i found this old posting for a guy that seemed to have the entire collection and was giving them away for free practically...

http://brooklyn.com/theatre-sound/archive/older/MARCH-2004/0606.html

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    alright whos already called the number asking?
    you throw down for shipping, ill take care of the beverage we can split the collection.

• Yeah, I just found that link too.
    Funny.

However, I was just listening to #3812,
    and found a short track that is full on
    dusty-fingers style goodness.

So, if you want to call up dude,

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    you should talk to Gripper... i think he's in the warehouse.

• ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts
    The Tanner records are from Memphis. Tanner use to be partners with a man named Pepper and together they ran a radio gingle/advertising recording studio. It was Pepper & Tanner Records until they seperated. They both started their own labels. Tanner continued to do library and advertising recordings while Pepper went for the real deal...recording local garage bands, country, and even soul artists.
    I've been collecting these things for years. There are a hand full of radio tunes they put out that are fuzz/funk related and are definitly worth digging up.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    The Tanner records are from Memphis. Tanner use to be partners with a man named Pepper and together they ran a radio gingle/advertising recording studio. It was Pepper & Tanner Records until they seperated. They both started their own labels. Tanner continued to do library and advertising recordings while Pepper went for the real deal...recording local garage bands, country, and even soul artists.
    I've been collecting these things for years. There are a hand full of radio tunes they put out that are fuzz/funk related and are definitly worth digging up.

To expond. These are radio production lps. Some of them have generic commercials. "Howdy folks! We've got lots of good hardware. If you need a hose or a lawnmower our knowledgable staff will find the right one for you. So shop at your home towm hardware store. Then the jingle plays a female chours singing, "From nuts to bolts, you wont lose volts at your friendly hardware storrrre!" then as that fades out the dj is supposed to come on and say Sam's Hardware in East Town Shopping Center.

Others have very specific ads for all the new car models and stuff like that. Others are sound effects or jingles for traffic or weather and so on and so forth.

I have a box sitting here. Here are a few sound clips from some I have sold.
    http://www.jumpjump.com/real/Toyota.rm
    http://www.jumpjump.com/real/QualityY.rm
    http://www.jumpjump.com/real/Everybod.rm
    http://www.jumpjump.com/real/YouGotta.rm

• Wow.
    Good looking out on the info (Shing too),
    this forum just plain rules for getting Knowledge Dropped
    upon my lil' dude head.

Anyway, mine have no commercial intros, they are all
    just music beds. Like I said, one of em has
    a really nice funk track.

So, are we talking minimal value (10-30)? More?

• ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts
    Never heard of anyone but me paying for these things. All of mine were purchased at thrift stores/antique malls for 25-50 cents.
    ***Keep your eyes pealed for the Tanner LPs with the black covers with one white circle that contains the info on them. I've got about 4 of those and they all got some heat.

• Gotcha.

As I said, I have sampled what I wanted,
    and am ready for them to move on.

Anybody wanna trade or sumphin?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Wow.
    Good looking out on the info (Shing too),
    this forum just plain rules for getting Knowledge Dropped
    upon my lil' dude head.

Anyway, mine have no commercial intros, they are all
    just music beds. Like I said, one of em has
    a really nice funk track.

So, are we talking minimal value (10-30)? More?

The ones I sold all were under $10.00. Nobody people aren't beating down the doors for these. Ultimately the price you get is based on how good you can convince someone the breaks are.

• Alright, thanks.
    Upon further reflection,
    I have seemed to convince MYSELF
    that the "breaks are good",
    and sheesh, when will I ever see these joints again?

Moog Bulletz 4 Daaaaayyyyyzzzzzzz