cell phones and public usage (jackass related)

djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
its annoying enough that people want to yap on their phones while everyone else on the train is just quietly waiting to get off and head to work but now... frickin nextels? why do people feel their conversation is so important that everyone has to listen to both sides, all the beeping and blipping included, out loud, and about some of the most ignorant shit i've ever had to sit through. once, i listened to one dude make a drug deal out loud for the whole world to listen to. sometimes i feel like making a giant 500 foot hand and smack some sense into large groups of people at once.is it just me or is this shit super annoying to everyone?

Comments

• KaushikKaushik 320 Posts
    its not just you and yes it is really annoying.

people's general etiquette just sucks ass.

grumble grumble stupid people yakking away on their cellphones in their cars in the office... blah blah

but yeah, the proliferation of communication technology has directly resulted in people becoming inconsiderate jerks wherever they go.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts

but yeah, the proliferation of communication technology has directly resulted in people becoming inconsiderate jerks wherever they go.

We get to keep the friends we care about while insulting and or annoying every other member of the human race in every public place. Great eh?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Americans generally don't have much class or etiquette.

In Japan, you can't talk on your cell phone in the train. So text msging is BIG in Japan.

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts

but.......

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Dude, we're like, free not to have, you know, class or whatever.

Yeah, I'd like to slap many a random person. Driving to endanger while talking on your cellphone takes the cake for me, though. I'm going to get cut off or hit by a car because some ass wants to chat about nothing in particular while driving home.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    But you gotta love America for not giving a fuck.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    You guys obviously don't support the troops.

Hold on...

I gotta take this call...

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Seriously. We're in a war here. Either you're with us, or you're... hello? Hello?

God damn Cingular.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    they hate us because of our cell phones.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Seriously. We're in a war here. Either you're with us, or you're... hello? Hello?

God damn Cingular.

Ha! I like that.

We've always been fucking assholes, new technology has just given us lots of new and convenient ways to put our douchebaggeury on public display. Feel free to decide for yourself what I mean by "We."

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    A little common courtesy ... is it too much to ask?