god hates hollywood a.k.a. fire burn!

hungovermulattohungovermulatto 168 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
damn. why is la the only major metropolitan american city that repeatedly catches fire - literally?didn't y'all already have one of these this year?hope all you strutters are ok.

Comments

• http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/breakingnews/

600 acres is like almost all of central park... that's huge.

the above link isn't too clear on if it was accidental or intentional...

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    i live pretty close to griffith park [glendale/burbank area] and when i got home about 8:30pm the fire was still burning pretty bad... the sky was lit up orange and it was really hot all night. i was more worried about the animals at the zoo... i knew they had evacuated that area earlier, but i wasn't sure about what they could do for the animals. i was almost hoping someone would go in there on some pee-wee herman shit and save them. the fire seemed a lot more under control around midnight when i went to bed... but i'm still trying to read up on the damage.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    i was more worried about the animals at the zoo... i knew they had evacuated that area earlier, but i wasn't sure about what they could do for the animals. i was almost hoping someone would go in there on some pee-wee herman shit and save them.

CNN reported (I believe it was yesterday) that the fire must really be posing a threat to the area since they had evacuated the zoo. Interesting way to put the scope of the fire in context, but I guess it makes sense. Must be quite a bitch to figure out how to move and store thousands of incompatible animals.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    saw the fire, actual flames, not just smoke, driving home last night at midnight from the freeway in santa monica. that's at least 25 miles away and i could see flames going up in the sky. it was ridiculous.

i was more worried about the animals at the zoo... i knew they had evacuated that area earlier, but i wasn't sure about what they could do for the animals. i was almost hoping someone would go in there on some pee-wee herman shit and save them.

CNN reported (I believe it was yesterday) that the fire must really be posing a threat to the area since they had evacuated the zoo. Interesting way to put the scope of the fire in context, but I guess it makes sense. Must be quite a bitch to figure out how to move and store thousands of incompatible animals.

an editor here volunteers at the zoo.
    she said they don't evacuate unless absolutely necessary because, as you could guess, its a pain sedating and carting up hundreds of different species.
    she also said some get left behind

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    i had heard that the area was evacuated, but the animals were just put into an indoor storage space there at the zoo... so i was still concerned. i'm guessing everything's alright as i've yet to hear any more news regarding this.

• damn. why is la the only major metropolitan american city that repeatedly catches fire - literally?

didn't y'all already have one of these this year?

hope all you strutters are ok.

Burn hollywood burn!!!! yeah that shit is no joke. yesterday they were initially saying only 150 firemen were battling it. i knew shit would elevate. i went on a crazy hike not too far from their on saturday and everything is so damn dry. and when you get into alot of those canyons, that is a damn fire trap and hard to fight. heard this morning that 500 firefighters have been called in. of course it happens when the temp hits 90+ degrees...

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

That is just cold. And how do they decide which ones to take? By rarity?

Sorry penguin, you're not endangered. Good luck out there.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

That is just cold. And how do they decide which ones to take? By rarity?

Sorry penguin, you're not endangered. Good luck out there.

i think the zookeepers only take the ones that would kick their ass if they didn't take em