Group called "D.A.M.N."

OrangeYoghurtOrangeYoghurt 210 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
First. How do I make a "poll" here on soulstrut?Second. Here's an upload of a Dutch hiphop prod. from a group called "D.A.M.N."I aint got much background info on them. Supposedly they come from a city called "Eindhoven" (nevermind)Anyway I never liked what Ducthies put out on wax when it came to Hiphop.However this "1" track from way back '1988' always stuck wit me becuz of the fat beat.I thought to just upload and share this and ask soulstrut for its opinion about this track, So what do you think about this track (except for the raps) 'Beatwise'?I like it...Songs called "Peace is the Word" (The only Dutch production I actually like)Can anyone spot the SP-12(00) sound? Or is it MPC?

Comments

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    they release on the same label i did an ep on, raw fusion. all the stuff there is amazing. what about up hygh? killer shit.

ah and speaking about dutch stuff.. y??ll better check rednose distrikt, aardavark, delsin, rush hour, tons of killer dutch stuff out there. rednose just droped a new lp which is

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    First. How do I make a "poll" here on soulstrut?

no[/b]

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    aardavark, rush hour

yes[/b]

• Give me some comments on the beat.
    I'll be sure to check that aardvark stuff later on.
    But is that Damn-beat still doin it for people nowadays?
    Or should I go and make jiggy beats?

• nice acid. you made that?

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    I always hated the Joe Tex drum loop that is used here, with the tambourine on the 4.

And the intro is some Slick Rick sample and overall I dont like it.

There later LPs are dope, from 90 and 91. Way better than this here.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    they release on the same label i did an ep on, raw fusion. all the stuff there is amazing. what about up hygh? killer shit.

I don't think this dutch group D.A.M.N. (never heard of them) is the same as the swedish group Damn! on Raw Fusion.

I like a lot of the RF stuff. Who are you and what is the name of your EP?

• they release on the same label i did an ep on, raw fusion. all the stuff there is amazing. what about up hygh? killer shit.

I don't think this dutch group D.A.M.N. (never heard of them) is the same as the swedish group Damn! on Raw Fusion.

They're different groups altogether: The Raw Fusion one is spelled w/ out the dots inbetween, the dutch group is actually an abbreviation "meaning" Dont Accept Mass Notion.

Straight outta Eindhoven

• My knowledge of 80's Dutch Hip-Hop isn't up to par, but to be little off topic, I've noticed that you're from Purmerend. What part of Purmerend might that be?

• "Purmer-Noord"

@Hawkeye: You liked it better when Charles and Eddie used it for
    "Would I Lie to you"?

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts

Yeah you got me. The beat in THAT tune is klling it.

Especialy because they mixed it with a new recorded drumset.

WOULD I LIE TO YOU ????????????????????

Peace
    Hawkeye