BREAKIN n POPPIN (Carlton Banks Related)

izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Who's got the dbl pack LP?

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

OH WOW.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Also

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

CLASSIC SHIT.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    i was wondering that too...never seen that shit.

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

I actually bought this when I was 8 or 9 years old.

I saw the commercial and ordered it COD. Its funny because I was watching old home movies the other day with my girl and I remembered that there was some footage of me attempting to break dance on that Alfonso Ribero "breakdancing board" that came with the video. Fortunately, that tape is nowhere to be found.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts

I have the vinyl, but had no idea that it came from this. I think maybe the same company made them at seperate times and decided to lump that in with Carlton's item. Not sure.

The vinyl is done by some Australian company and it lists all these classic songs. I bought it for $6 thinking "this will be nice to have all of these in one place." When I got home I noticed the fine print and saw that they are all cover songs. At first I was bummed, but now I actually cherish that record for one reason...the cover of "The Message." It's bonkers. It's so bad that it's good. The delivery on some of the lines is ridiculous. When he says "might hijack a plane!" The emphasis and accent are out of control. I guess it's an Australian guy rapping. Wherever he is from he should not have been rapping that song.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I will pay $100's for this now! I'm dead serious, who's got it?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Hip Hop is dead.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    ...and finally

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    I would pay a hundred on the board AND the LP!!

Any newz about dude?? Never saw him since a couple of Z-rated movies in the 90's...

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts

I have the vinyl, but had no idea that it came from this. I think maybe the same company made them at seperate times and decided to lump that in with Carlton's item. Not sure.

The vinyl is done by some Australian company and it lists all these classic songs. I bought it for $6 thinking "this will be nice to have all of these in one place." When I got home I noticed the fine print and saw that they are all cover songs. At first I was bummed, but now I actually cherish that record for one reason...the cover of "The Message." It's bonkers. It's so bad that it's good. The delivery on some of the lines is ridiculous. When he says "might hijack a plane!" The emphasis and accent are out of control. I guess it's an Australian guy rapping. Wherever he is from he should not have been rapping that song.

I've got a copy of this as well... It embarasses me and I am Australian.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I actually posted this like a year ago that I was looking for this item. I remember this damn commercial when it came out! Lol.........

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Also

That shit was an EVENT back then!

Remember the rumors about dude dying doing a headspin?