Who's feeling Feist's new album?

oripsorips 238 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
I'm surprised there is no talk about part-time Broken Social Beard member Feist's latest album, The Reminder, which just came out this week. Anyways, who is feeling this? Certainly not I. The sound on the new album is a lot more focused on her signature sound (you could say gentle/pop/folk), but lacks the variety that was her last album, Let It Die.

Comments

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I'm strangely into Feist. Or not so strangely. Her voice just does it for me.

• oripsorips 238 Posts

Let me say that I'm a big fan of her voice. But the music on her latest is not doing anything for me.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Critics went crazy over the album but I couldnt feel it at all. She is staying true to herself, so I cant blame her. But I was seriously dissapointed, let it die was amazing and had really nice subtleties in it. For me, this one fails. Not to mention her rendition of Sea Lion Woman was .

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    saw it at starbucks and cried

bring back the mushaboom, thanks

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    fiest is lame. i vote for emily.

- spidey

• ToccuDomuToccuDomu 225 Posts

I like her voice as well, and in much of her work she do's it well, but woud have to agree with the other sentiments applied in this thread reagarding the new album.

She was unapolagetically snobby when I spoke to her before a Broken Social Scene show in town a couple years ago as well. Dude Brendan or something similar, also of BSS, was quite nice, however.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Let me say that I'm a big fan of her voice. But the music on her latest is not doing anything for me.

i suppose you're right. there isn't a "one evening" on this album...

but even the track "the water" gets me and it's almost only voice.
    i've never felt this for any recent solo-female ish.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Personally, I liked the new album, probably as much as - if not more so - than "Let It Die." Partially, it's the voice, and I actually like that this has more ballads, and sparser ones at that. "Limit To Your Love" is a fave, as is "Brandy Alexander" and "1 2 3 4".

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    "Brandy Alexander"

Who drinks that shit outside of Evelyn Waugh novels? Pheh.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    who is feeling this? Certainly not I.

Yes. I do not understand the hype and accolades. I feel nothing when I hear her music and the same goes for BSS.

She was on TV yesterday performing live and I sat through all of it to maybe see/hear something I missed...still nothing.

I like the sound she gets out of her guitar though.

And oh yea - why is it Sea Lion Woman? The song is called See Line Woman.

Bassie,

I've seen the song listed (by other artists, not just Feist) as "Sea Lion Woman" by other artists though, for me, I always associate it with Nina Simone's "See Line Woman" spelling.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    i dig her...

that aside, anyone here from toronto that caught her when she was a part of "divine right"? i used to see her in that band in my indie phase.

i dig her...

that aside, anyone here from toronto that caught her when she was a part of "divine right"? i used to see her in that band in my indie phase.

By Divine Right. And yeah, she got her big start playing guitar with them.