Friday and WEEKEND FINDS

SyminSymin 999 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
a thrift in town got some new records in!Byrds - Ballad of easy riderLenny Williams - Rise sleeping beautyKenny Burrell - God bless the childpumped off these three. its been too long since i found a record.

Comments

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Fear my OG UK pressings.

Stuff in the second picture is available for sell/trade hit me on the PM.

It's all about Bruce Cockburn VS Nick Drake VS Davy Graham VS Nico and I am having a hard time picking a winner. Sealed On The Beach is shredding.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    lps
    steel sound/drum action sounds - fred berlipp band/guenter platzek rhythm (selected sounnd nr4)
    rhythm & strings - orch roland kovac (selected sound nr 20)

librarie in amsterdam ?

sandra reemer - trust in me

45s
    lee dorsey - little ba-by/im gonna sit right... (bell)
    howard roberts - soft winds/danke schoen (cap)
    cannonball adderley - this here (riv)
    roland kirk - between the 4th & 5th step(ep) (merc)
    september - yelly rose/if mr right comes along (imp)

• pencilfacepencilface 674 Posts
    Fear my OG UK pressings.

fucking hell!!!! i'll never be able to afford some OGs of them Nick Drake albums. "Pink Moon" is

as is "on the beach"

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    $5 each is very affordable. Pink rim baby.

This was a very big score for me. I am having a musical overload. Unfortunately sealed on the beach is getting sold.

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    jon lucien - rashida (rca)

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Good day.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Scary.

• LamarTinsonLamarTinson 507 Posts
    Whats the Upchurch go for?

Scary.

Just wait until I get to look in his storage unit. Most of his soul records were not for sale yet.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Scary.

Just wait until I get to look in his storage unit. Most of his soul records were not for sale yet.

WAhhh!? Man, you're doing the thing mang. Sheet.

I FIRED UP THE POPSIKE MAINFRAME AND GOT A RANGE OF 24.00 TO 47.95. BUT I AM NOT SURE BECAUSE IT'S ACTUALLY A GREAT RECORD AND DOES THAT AFFECT ITS VALUE AT ALL??

Scary.

you're gonna need a lot of popcorn. He said "Sometime between two weeks and September."

• SyminSymin 999 Posts

I FIRED UP THE POPSIKE MAINFRAME AND GOT A RANGE OF 24.00 TO 47.95. BUT I AM NOT SURE BECAUSE IT'S ACTUALLY A GREAT RECORD AND DOES THAT AFFECT ITS VALUE AT ALL??
    in extreemly rare situations like

• LamarTinsonLamarTinson 507 Posts

I sold one for a lot less, thats cuz I suck at selling records lol. I think only a few tracks are any good anyway. Looks like you got some nice shit there, fella.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    at some garage sales:

some LPs
    tone loc 45

and a NES in AMAZING condition. i already have one, but it needs tinkering for it to work. this one is first go, first try... brings me joy

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    at some garage sales:

some LPs
    tone loc 45

and a NES in AMAZING condition. i already have one, but it needs tinkering for it to work. this one is first go, first try... brings me joy
    there are few things more exhilariting than the feeling of pressing the power button on a responsive and agreeable NES system.
    good find. definetly

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Fake finds alert.

In a shameful display of escapo-fetishism, Jonny has spent the past six months using crayons and construction paper to painstakingly create facsimiles of numerous heavily-gripped albums.

Let me break it down for you dudes that are mathematically aware:

Johnny Paycheck = (Mingering Mike + a yen for JA music) - any form of originality

SMH

• covecove 1,566 Posts

there are few things more exhilariting than the feeling of pressing the power button on a responsive and agreeable NES system.

you said it best.

sunny evening with og GOLF and newcastle and some gent(i)le tunes= bliss

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Finally hit the flea market after a long hiatus to find a new dude. Copped:

The Cyrkle - Neon
    Love - S/T
    The Motown Story Volume 1
    Los Chiriguanos: The Pulsating Sounds of Paraguay

50 cents each, and very clean except for the Love LP, which is VG. Anyone know anything about that Los Chiriguanos LP?

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    last night from 2am-3:30ish it was tecmo super bowl and that black sabbath mix, with a friend that is moving away soon.
    thats male bonding.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    fuck yeah.
    my mom once drove around for months,trying to find me tecmo super bowl for christmas. finally did and it cost her over 80$... intense.

so many memories. i once beat the phoenix cardinals with the lions 81-0. wish i had taken a screen shot.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    Jonny Paycheck, extractor of collectrionz from heretofore hidden collectros! bravo, you are doing things exactly how they should be done. i hope Good Rekords is prospering from your efforts.

thats a damn clean lookin Syl Johnson!

A kid once bit me over a feud involving the then newly released Mega Man 2.

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
    Found some old dance joints that are pretty nice at a dollar and some rap vinyl too.

Tony Caso - Desperate & Dangerous
    Tony Caso - Love Attack
    Girls Have Fun - Love Addict
    Band Of South - Sensitive
    Ando - Squeeze Me!

Strickly Roots - Beg No Friends
    Saafir - Boxcar Sessions LP
    Latee - No Tricks
    Volume 10 LP
    Celly Cel - Killa Kali LP

a few CDs and CD singles tooo and maybe other ish I can't remember. Not a bad weekend.

Karl, thanks man. Everything is Ex to NM. Beautiful, beautiful collection.

• oripsorips 238 Posts

heartily endorses Bazuka.

• THAT FLASH FORWARD IS

(SO is the More Creation)

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Beautiful, beautiful collection.

Non-rhetorical question: how good is that Slim Smith? I have a virtual gripp-on in my pants and want to know if it's justified.

• francislaifrancislai 371 Posts
    why are these soulstrut finds posts flooded with jamaican finds only?? wtf?

for real, everytime it's like one dude with a slew of vg- atco/ecm/cti records, then one dude with DEFCON 1 level jamaican shit???