SPIDER-MAN 3 FEVER

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
dude i am so fucking excited about this. are you with me? i just read a glowing review from the only film critic i trust and now i don't know if i can wait after opening night for smaller crowdsholler if you hear me

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I'm semi-embarrassed to admit this, but I actually like these movies.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    don't be embarassed. peter parker is the most sympathetic super-hero evar and sam raimi knows how to give a summer blockbuster depth in addition to entertainment.

spider-man sons star wars, yeah i said it. deal

They are good. Some of the best mega huge mainstream movies in recent memory. I just feel dirty dipping my toe into pop culture.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

spider-man sons star wars, yeah i said it. deal

What?! For real?! The Spiderman movies are way too CGI-heavy (ie. fake-looking) for me. I'd rather watch a cartoon.

Herm

• Everyone I spoke to can't get tickets til next week, others almost two weeks.
    there's high demand in nyc.

what? i liked star wars when it was called the hidden fortress.

too CGI-heavy (ie. fake-looking) for me. I'd rather watch a cartoon.

what? i liked star wars when it was called the hidden fortress.

too CGI-heavy (ie. fake-looking) for me. I'd rather watch a cartoon.

Oh, you were talking about the NEW Star Wars (or rather, the new old post-2000) Star Wars? 'Cause if so, I agree. Those ones were POOOOOOOOOOOOOTERY.

Still, you can't deny that Spiderman swingin' through the city looks like some ol' videogame nonsense.

Herm

no i was including the 70s saga too. george lucas got lucky ripping off akira kurosawa. dude is . don't make me upload the star wars holiday special on cbs to prove my point.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I don't understand why people like these films so much.

isn't darron arronofsky one your favorite directors? nuff said

Harry Potter is soooooo gonna beat Emo Spidey's ass.

Actually, fuck the dumb shit...

HERMIONE GRANGER.

What?!

dude don't make me upload a screenshot of hugh jackman time travelling in karate pants in 'the fountain'

Yeah, Star Wars on the whole is pretty over-rated, IMO. Don't get me wrong, I like the first two as much as anyone... well, anyone who doesn't dress up and quote them all the time. Lucus is a total cheeseball.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    ripping off kurosawa??? lucas used some of the same visual 'riffs' but i wouldn't call it that. you want to talk about ripping off kurosawa watch a fistfull of dollars.

ok i'll admit i like the first two star wars for popcorn purposes. but back in my college days, i had to endure jocks giving presentations on star wars in philosophy 101 like they were talking about siddhartha or something. you could say, i ain't into that and it's a factor in my sw saltiness

but i loved the peter parker character before the movie depiction. sorry i just find a working class nerd in queens with dead parents mired in turmoil more relatable than a guy who's father is white but sounds like james earl jones

ok i'll admit i like the first two star wars for popcorn purposes. but back in my college days, i had to endure jocks giving presentations on star wars in philosophy 101 like they were talking about siddahartha or something. you could say, i ain't into that and it's a factor in my sw saltiness

but i loved the peter parker character before the movie depiction. sorry i just find a working class nerd in queens with dead parents mired in turmoil more relatable than a guy who's father looks white but sounds like james earl jones

Hey Ms. Damn,

Why haven't responded to my Hermione post? Huh? I'm waaaaaaiting?

Oh, is it because you know I'm R - I - jigga G - H - T?! THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT!

Oooooooh....in ya face!!!

Herm

i like harry potter herm. just not as much as SPIDER-MAN!

i like harry potter herm. just not as much as SPIDER-MAN!

Okay.

You rock your tights, I'll rock my cape.

Together we rock the world.

Herm

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    ripping off kurosawa??? lucas used some of the same visual 'riffs' but i wouldn't call it that. you want to talk about ripping off kurosawa watch a fistfull of dollars.

George Lucas has acknowledged the influence of The Hidden Fortress on Star Wars, particularly in the technique of telling the story from the points of view of the film's lowliest characters, C-3PO and R2-D2.

The film begins with two luckless peasants, Tahei and Matashichi (Minoru Chiaki and Kamatari Fujiwara) escaping the aftermath of a battle. In a hidden valley, they meet and try to help General Rokurota Makabe, whose mission is to help and protect a princess. The peasants try to help but mostly impede his mission. They are later joined by a farmer???s daughter (Toshiko Higuchi), whom they acquire at an inn from a slave-trader, or procurer. Together, the five make an arduous and desperate trek through enemy territory, transporting a treasure of gold that the princess and the general hope to use to rebuild the princess's military to one day retake her land and rebuild her realm.

dude don't make me upload a screenshot of hugh jackman time travelling in karate pants in 'the fountain'

Can you denie that this is one of the illest film trailers in years? The film turned out to be a bit tepid I'll admit.

sigh, i know me saying i don't like star wars as much as spider-man is the equivalent of me saying jesus blows, but i'm just exaggerating my excitement is all. please do not take anything i say as definitive scientific fodder like i'm involved in a race or war debate thread here, i'm just an excited hypebeast about spider-man and i said like it more than star wars to give you an idea of my cheerleading.

can we get back on the subject? fuck brangelina. couple of the year here

Is that Elise & Raj?

Who's the bad guy in the new one?

i would also like to state the my extra umph of giddyness if attributed to the fact that i am watching warriors mavs game right now

sandman and venom. i have my doubts about venom since topher grace is pinner compared to the og eddie brock, but whatever.

sandman and venom. i have my doubts about venom since topher grace is pinner compared to the og eddie brock, but whatever.

I have to laugh that the dude from Wings is able to get a role like this.

• spaceghostspaceghost 605 Posts
    i'm going to see this next week. but only because i can see it for free.

the born again grandmother must perish. will mj sing one number or two? save the love story...you know what save the story period, spiderman is an action hero. i want to see some action. swing by your web, catch some bad guys, climb a building, but i don't really want to hear you talk to much.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

New Goblin, as well.

New Goblin, as well.

= total douchebag. that guy goes to single bars to 'score some chicks'

• dayday 9,611 Posts

New Goblin, as well.

= total douchebag. that guy goes to single bars to pick up 'chicks'

Hobgoblin? That would be the shit.

They should have made the Green Goblin less robotic. I can't lie, I was a huge Spiderman comic fan and the movies have been pretty good so far.