The Bells (ID this track)

Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
www.waxingdeep.org/music/thebells.mp3This track is "Down by the River/Love Song (Medley)" by "The Bells" on a Canadian white label 45. Oddly, the label has "Demonstration Records: Not For Sale -- Not For Radio Play" printed on it. If you can't sell the record or play it on the radio, what can you do with it? Use it to sell hifi equipment? Give it away at concerts?Anyway, does anyone know whether this is the same group as The Bells on Polydor? I know they released three albums, but none appear to include this track (although it's been ages since I listened to any of them and I can hardly remember what they sound like). Thanks!

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Any numbers in the matrix?

Regardless, maybe it was a record sent out to program and/or music directors as a "taste test", to see if it was worthy of radio airplay.

I'll take a listen to it in a bit.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    No matrix numbers. It's also a 4 track EP, for what that's worth.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    It sounds good, whoever it is. Can't tell if it's The Bells you were thinking of.

• Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's them. Her voice gives it away. Also, given that they were a pretty prominent band in Canada at that time I couldn't see another band trying to take the same name and get away with it.

Pretty good track. The track "Lady Dawn" by them is pretty great and their first album when they were called "The Five Bells" is good too.