Anyone stoked to see Batman tomorrow?

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
?

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    shit looks hype but most likely i wont see it

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I can't wait to see it at the $3 beer theater.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    supposed to be on point. probably going to see it tomorrow.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

that sounds ill

I am hating on the new "old" batmobile but it makes sense cos it was his first ride

anyhow...

Mr. and Ms. Smith was nice! Everything I expected, delivered on the BrAngelina humor and shenanigans. Don't go if you didn't like Bourne Identity, etc.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

I should clarify, that's the theater that charges $3 for admission and serves beer. Not a theater that serves $3 beer. Although they might, now that I think about it. I should also further clarify that the new Batman movie will most likely be playing at the beer theater in 2-4 months. I can wait.

still ill
    they serve beer down here now at retaurants like Pat and Oscar's and Rubio's. Really wish they had a theater like said theater down here.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    It haffi watch Christian Bale "a deh reeeel Big Man" [ay yo].

Dont worry Young Phonics i got it covered[ay yo]

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Yes. I am a Christian Bale fan.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    supposed to be on point. probably going to see it tomorrow.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

Equilibrium? YES!

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts

I am as well (no homo), he's a true actor. It was only the other day that I realized he was the kid in Empire of the sun.....and American Psycho is one of my favorite dark comedies

I'm ready to get back to the somewhat dark-ludacris-realism of the previous Tim Burton approach. George Cloony as Batman? I tried to forget that movie ever came out.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    George Clooney in anything after Roseanne should be wiped out from one's memory! He is so annoying!

Bale is amazing in The Machinist and he was even good in Laurel Canyon which was otherwise a horrible film. I've been thinking about seeing American Psycho again...

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

It was only the other day that I realized he was the kid in Empire of the sun

oh snap

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts

Equilibrium? YES!

...I thought the concept was dope but the execution wasn't.... I don't know. I've hated Christian Bale with a passion since American Psycho, until I saw the Machinest. Since that point I've kind of given him his p's. I'll be checking this batman thing. A few of my friends got into the advanced and have nothing but postive feedback

• CLabCLab 76 Posts
    first thoughts:

- chris nolan, for all his strengths, cannot direct an action sequence (dude needs to step his second unit game up, either that or throw us a fucking establishing shot or two, pull back and trust yr fucking actors, dude)

- katie holmes's excessive nippleage = subtle homage to kim bassssssinger in the first batman?

- /oldman/caine/bale (to a lesser extent) all performing nicely, cillian murphy stealing the show, this kid will have a nice fat career.

- somewhat anti-climactic (see first point above, maybe indicative of the modern action movie)

will probably be the best superhero/comicbook movie of the past two years (kinda damning with faint praise but whatever)

gene shalit sez: a-ok

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    plaese to warn us before posting pics of Gene Shalit!!

plaese to warn us before posting pics of Gene Shalit!!

YO MAYNE THOSE JPEGS ARE NSFW!!!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Batman was incredible. Some small things annoyed me, but overall it keeps the myth fresh for the new millenia. "Begins" was even better than Sin City and I loved that shit. Frank Miller has cast a long shadow.

• pknypkny 549 Posts

gene shalit sez: a-ok

Maaannn, where does one find a bowtie like that?

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    I enjoyed the film quite a bit, not as good as Sin City in my opinion. The best of the batman series minus the first. Bale's Wayne was better than his batman. the scarecrow part scared me. the hallucination scenes were cool.

• gene shalit sez: a-ok

Maaannn, where does one find a bowtie like that?

He gets ten of them free with every gallon of moustache wax...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I enjoyed the film quite a bit, not as good as Sin City in my opinion. The best of the batman series minus the first. Bale's Wayne was better than his batman. the scarecrow part scared me. the hallucination scenes were cool.

Wow, really? I thought this one shit all over all the other batman's, including the first...

The scene in the beginning with the deaths of the Wayne's was so well done. There were a couple of parts that were just alright. but damn... This is how you make a film from a comic. I liked Sin City also.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    I just really liked the first one, but this was good too. I was really into comics when the first came out, I like tim burton, etc.

The openig scene was well done, no doubt. good movie.

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    The best one so far and better than Star Wars 3...