Bob James - Angels of Shanghai tour

DJ_ZestDJ_Zest 252 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
Just checked this show out on Sat. night, amazing performance... They are touring East Coast, if any one has a chance, check it out! more info at http://www.bobjames.com PeaceZeb

Comments

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts
    waer would b a good place 2 check for some jazz concarts?

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    i wonder if someone's ever yelled out "play some mardi gras/nautilus" and started a chant for ghostface at a Bob James show

i'm in wisconsin and i need to find a decent jazz show round here in the next week or so , can anyone direct me toward any possible shows in the wisconsin area?
    my frend has to attend a show for his jazz history class, and wants me to come along and tell him my thoughts on it so ive been tryin to find something decent around here for us to check out !

• DJ_ZestDJ_Zest 252 Posts
    not at any shows I've been at, but they do rock a pretty sick version of Westchester Lady...

not at any shows I've been at, but they do rock a pretty sick version of Westchester Lady...

sick song for sure

i wish i would have checked his page a few days ago, woulda caught that michigan show , i gotta stop sleepin and get wit it

• DJ_ZestDJ_Zest 252 Posts
    The homies from Wiscompton the Crest were supposed to be here for a show a little while ago... I think weather stopped them from coming though... I didn't even know about the Bob James show until I saw an email newsletter. They hooked the wife and I up with tickets, I did the beat/bassline/loops on one of the tracks (Dream with Me) on the Angels of Shanghai album. They do the version of Westchester Lady, but cuz they are from the far East, they call it Eastchester Lady... Shit is dope though, these kids from China can PLAY.
    Also Bob's man on bass Al Turner from Pittsburgh KILLED it...
    Peace
    Zeb

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Outside of 'Nautilus', isn't Bob James pretty banal smooth jazz? He's not exactly a musician I'd be running to see...