NEEDED: newbie introduction

HonkyFippleHonkyFipple 418 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
i think it's time for a newbie introduction. so who are all the new people on board? let me start:i'm not new. i used to be Grope on Soulstrut. duh!

Comments

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    ok. i ve not been too long on here..
    I`m from stuttgart germany and have been collecting stuff for a couple of years now..
    got about 1000+ jazz/funk/soul records, plus maybe 2000 records for djing.. means (detroit)house, tech, broken beats, hiphop etc..
    if anyone wants to make me a nice welcoming present, i`d love to get a copy of "starcrost" on fable for free..
    maybe u wnat to check out this: www.myspace.com/inversecinematics

• ok. i ve not been too long on here..
    I`m from stuttgart germany and have been collecting stuff for a couple of years now..
    got about 1000+ jazz/funk/soul records, plus maybe 2000 records for djing.. means (detroit)house, tech, broken beats, hiphop etc..
    if anyone wants to make me a nice welcoming present, i`d love to get a copy of "starcrost" on fable for free..

WTF? Stuttgart? That's where I'm from! Are you the guy with the curly hair?

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts

tell Danilo my arp strings ensemble misses him

what's up with the new comp? message me!

hello, my name is mr beatnick, I've been reading this shit for years and writing down nuff records, raers, braeks, watched the graemlins evolve and bought many a good record as a result

always far too intimidated to post though!

I've made a few records (most recently a reedit of Azymuth on Far Out records) and still have a lot to learn about music, so keep sharing!

much respect all round

myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/mrbeatnick

and my favourite station / podcast at the moment:

http://www.btsradio.net

• WTF? Stuttgart? That's where I'm from! Are you the guy with the curly hair?

ehm, i can tell from your myspace site that's you're not that guy. so who are you? where do you DJ at? where do you live (which quarter)?

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    i live at the "mineralb??der".. what about u? u goin out tonight? some nice stuff happening in the city.. maybe we should hook up for the flew market or a coffee sometime?
    i`m djing everywhere around europe and beyond, in stuttgart sometimes waranga on thursdays, used to play a lot here, but nowadays theres no real good club anymore. i m playing in the rocker33 in june, plus some gig with modeselektor in a theatre..

d.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts

tell Danilo my arp strings ensemble misses him

what's up with the new comp? message me!

hello, my name is mr beatnick, I've been reading this shit for years and writing down nuff records, raers, braeks, watched the graemlins evolve and bought many a good record as a result

always far too intimidated to post though!

I've made a few records (most recently a reedit of Azymuth on Far Out records) and still have a lot to learn about music, so keep sharing!

much respect all round

myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/mrbeatnick

and my favourite station / podcast at the moment:

http://www.btsradio.net

hahah! the world is small, man! how are u my brother? the comp is on its way, had a little distribution trouble but its gonna be allright soon. workin heavily on the album these days, think u ll like it..

hope to catch u in london soon, dial guys wanted to bring me some time soon.

d.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I like Gary Davis and also Teruo Nakamura and also Melvin Van Peebles.

"hope to catch u in london soon, dial guys wanted to bring me some time soon."

can't wait, seriously! Jupiter Jam is

• Im Matt, from Detroit- untill recently, live in West Virginia now. Work at Fallingwater in south western PA. Mostly into Jamaican music and other black atlantic islands and African records. Been really into the mid to late 80's and 90's nigerian disco-pop-boogie, so if you got it- Hit me up. If your looking to travel around West Virginia let me know- shits the weirdest.

Lurked for years decided it was time.

• Whatsup? My name is Jeremy, from the Indianapolis, IN area...Been collecting/making beats for about a decade, DJing for about 3-4 years...
    I work for Auralex Acoustics (make soundproofing/acoustical treatment), and I have thousands of vinyls discs, some raer and some common...

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    haha, I already told you that you have a fellow soulstrut digger in Stuttgart

BTW, I like this inverse cinematics stuff. Detroit Jazzin and the fluid ounce 12" are .

BTW, I like this inverse cinematics stuff. Detroit Jazzin and the fluid ounce 12" are .

Respect.. Still love Shoot The Pianist parts 1 and 2. Classic material*

*please excuse my londonian broken beat frame of reference

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    thanks, enuff praise for now

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I also like long walks of the beach and I dream of breaks.

• i'm joe - from Bristol, UK. definately a relative little dude on soulstrut.... some of the knowledge shard / dropped has blown my mind apart. its a great site. ive been lurking and occasionally posting for a little while now. although not knowing a great deal about US politcs / TV / sport or modern soul i havent contributed much. but i will share what i can.

i do illustration bits and bobs (you may have seen my work in Lodown magazine, or a portrait of jazzy jay i did for Wax Poetics issue 14, or the new Kankick CD what i designed..amongst other crap)

myspace

fotolog

i like records a lot. thanks.

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    nice... i love me some kankick... which release did you do the design for?... "serious business this"?

• nice... i love me some kankick... which release did you do the design for?... "serious business this"?

yup -- thats the one. ive just finished the design for the new UNCUT RAW cd.... which is gonna be ace.

all should be checking for this.

UNCUT RAW

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    i'm joe - from Bristol, UK. although not knowing a great deal about US politcs / TV / sport or modern soul i havent contributed much.

Who is your favorite FC?

As a yank just recently becoming obsessed with
    UK football/soccer, I'm down to talk about this stuff.

With the luxury of complete impartiality on my side,
    I chose Tottenham Spurs as "my" team and have been following
    them as closely as US cable TV will permit ... in fact I want
    one of you UK Strutters to send me a Spurs track jacket ... the
    Spurs website wants $40 US to ship one!

• i'm joe - from Bristol, UK. although not knowing a great deal about US politcs / TV / sport or modern soul i havent contributed much.

Who is your favorite FC?

As a yank just recently becoming obsessed with
    UK football/soccer, I'm down to talk about this stuff.

With the luxury of complete impartiality on my side,
    I chose Tottenham Spurs as "my" team and have been following
    them as closely as US cable TV will permit ... in fact I want
    one of you UK Strutters to send me a Spurs track jacket ... the
    Spurs website wants $40 US to ship one!

i dont really pay much attention to football that much, im afraid. ...i can appreciate a good game but dont really follow it. i'm sure there's tonnes of other Uk strutters who can wax poetic on the subject though. my dad is a lifelong Newcastle FC supporter if that helps....

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Booooooooo, Tottenham or The Scum as Arsenal fans call them, suck!
    I like how Thierry Henry said in the Arsenal match day program that he didn't understand why all the Tottenham fans celebrated a draw against them so much because it meant they hadn't qualified for the champions league for another year haha.

Pencilface - I'm from Bristol too, in the future i may need some artwork done, anyway, i'll holla nearer the time...

• Pencilface - I'm from Bristol too, in the future i may need some artwork done, anyway, i'll holla nearer the time...

do it

• M_SMOOTHM_SMOOTH 11 Posts
    I am M-SMOOTH out the Bay Area... San Jose to be exact. I am a golden era hip hop cat. I will be celebrating 15 years on the radio this fall. KZSU 90.1 Stanford every Friday 9 to Mid.

www.theuie.com
    www.kzsu.org

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Ah, yes, Arsenal - the team whose fans boo them when they are
    winning 3-1 because they aren't "winning enough."

Remind me again, what did Arsenal accomplish this year?

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts

Ah, yes, Arsenal - the team whose fans boo them when they are
    winning 3-1 because they aren't "winning enough."

Remind me again, what did Arsenal accomplish this year?

Getting to the Carling Cup final and narrowly losing to Chelsea with a team who's average age is about 20 versus a team worth over a ??100 million with veterans in it.
    Champions League Qualification.
    Only lost once at home.

And all this without Henry, who has won the golden boat for most goals in a season for the previous few years and is the Arsenal record goal scorer, and Robin Van Persie, who missed nearly the whole season but was set to be a leading scorer this year too. Not too bad i reckon...

p.s the fans didn't boo them because they weren't winning enough at 3-1, when was this? Bear in mind one of their players nicknames is The Beast, and many people (including him before the other players explained) mistook the chants of BEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSTTTTT as boos haha.

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    won the golden boat

I'm pundit, been lurking on here for about 150 years. It's raer I feel compelled to post anything. My collecting tendencies go Records>Books>Toys>Movies. For some reason, I find this place more interesting than most of the other vinyl related forums I lurk on even though I cosine on not being into American politics or Modern Soul.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Man United for the treble bitches!