Moviestrut: THE HOST

bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
holy shit, what a great flick this is. korean monster movie, really dynamic. scary, funny, political, great special effects, and all around entertaining. one of the best movie experiences i've had in awhile. go see it!

Comments

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Saw it recently. Given the hype I was a little letdown. Still, it was quality.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I heard it was really awesome. Wifey has gotten into Korean cinema in a big way over the past year. Is this on Netflix yet?

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts

holy shit, what a great flick this is. korean monster movie, really dynamic. scary, funny, political, great special effects, and all around entertaining. one of the best movie experiences i've had in awhile. go see it!

for me, the laughs and the scares ultimately didn't make up for how bad of a movie it was.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    Saw it recently. Given the hype I was a little letdown. Still, it was quality.

Hype can always put a damper on a great movie. I had never even heard of it going in, and had no idea what it was about, which I think helped.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    saw it awhile ago was thoroughly entertained.

found it odd that we were sitting next to what it seemed like 3 12yr old kids. dont know too many foreign flicks w/ subtitles that would draw that type of demographic. either way, very cool movie and recommended if its still playing at a theatre near you.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Great movie. Was happy to see it after an odd commercial on the cable AZN station that gave absolutely no info about whether it was going to be released in America or just on DVD. The family was hilarious and the monster was a bad ass. Great mix and highly recommended.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    I heard it was really awesome. Wifey has gotten into Korean cinema in a big way over the past year. Is this on Netflix yet?

not on netflix yet, as it's in theatres in america now. i saw it at the beginning of the month. it's still showing at sunshine theatre on houston, next to white rabbit.

i loved this movie.