I'M IN THE BAY

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
and I was gettin down with my friend just dancing around on Mission? and everybody was getting hyphy or whatever, and this chick pulls me aside and proceeds to grab my privates from behind. I was like "woah, this is how the Bay gets down". I was ass drunk and so was my friend. We were wylin' and everybody was wylin'. HYPHY.LA up in the mothafuggin' house. That shit turned gangsta as soon as I downed a couple raging bulls and jack shots.HYPHY. I'm not mad at the Bay.

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    On the record-related tip, I stopped by Ashby flea, Rasputins, and Amoeba. I didn't buy a single record. I was wading through mad reissues. I'm thinking about going to the Laney College one tomorrow. Is that shit even on tomorrow?

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    if tomorrow means monday... no. if you mean today, sunday, then yes.

if you make it to san francisco holler...

enjoy the foggy day... i am.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Wow, they get hyphy on Mission street now? When I lived there it was more common for people to get a knife in the neck. That's not as fun.

Sounds fun as hell. I miss the bay and all it's creativity and originality. LA is cool but it aint the Bay, at all.

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    I'f you're still here on Monday, I'm playing records w/ a couple bands at a mission spot called The Knockout. Holler if you need info or whatever.

• WOW

WOW

Has anybody else had an experience like mine?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    WOW

dude thats how we do erry weekend and sometimes on school nights even.

holler if you come to the City again before leaving.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    WOW

dude thats how we do erry weekend and sometimes on school nights even.

holler if you come to the City again before leaving.

For a grope?

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    he's hospitable like that.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Are you sure you were in the mission? Coulda been Castro, and the girl, um.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    On the record-related tip, I stopped by Ashby flea, Rasputins, and Amoeba. I didn't buy a single record. I was wading through mad reissues. I'm thinking about going to the Laney College one tomorrow. Is that shit even on tomorrow?

Laney is always on, but the East Bay record mafia is always in full effect. Erryone after that Boola Boola raer.

And the groping does tend to come with the territory in SF. Especially if you were over near the Castro.

Laney is always on, but the East Bay record mafia is always in full effect. Erryone after that Boola Boola raer.

And the groping does tend to come with the territory in SF. Especially if you were over near the Castro.

Went to Laney College late today. Picked up War "Deliver the word" NM/VG++ and Ramsey Lewis "Mother Nature's son" VG-/VG+ for 3bucks. I only saw a couple with records which was a letdown, but whatever. Course, I probably would have hit up some of you bay dudes for records if I had a job.

I felt kind of violated and amused at the same time about the groping. The Dj was kinda killin' it though. It's like the 2nd bar you come across after you get out of the bart station.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

It's like the 2nd bar you come across after you get out of the bart station.

Naw, you dudes are getting it twisted. Please leave your homo fantasies out of this!

On the subject of the Bay area. SF and Berkeley must be some of the most tourist-unfriendly spots to drive in ever. I HATE THE ROADS HERE! What's up with the tiny ass street signs on the CORNERS of intersections. That shit is so hard to see, especially at night. But besides that, it was cool.

On the subject of the Bay area. SF and Berkeley must be some of the most tourist-unfriendly spots to drive in ever. I HATE THE ROADS HERE! What's up with the tiny ass street signs on the CORNERS of intersections. That shit is so hard to see, especially at night. But besides that, it was cool.

Haha dude welcome to the one way capitol of the world (SF), along with the traffic island/roadblock every 4 blocks city called Berkeley. We force all outsiders to use the busy crowded streets like University and Shattuck so that us insiders can zip along our magic secret routes.

Just wait till you drive up in Kensington where every street is named after a prestigious college or Richmond hills where driving above 20 mph makes you feel like you're on a roller coaster.

Haha dude welcome to the one way capitol of the world (SF), along with the traffic island/roadblock every 4 blocks city called Berkeley. We force all outsiders to use the busy crowded streets like University and Shattuck so that us insiders can zip along our magic secret routes.

Just wait till you drive up in Kensington where every street is named after a prestigious college or Richmond hills where driving above 20 mph makes you feel like you're on a roller coaster.

Word the fuck up. Those ONE WAYS AND "NO LEFT TURN AT THE INTERSECTION" and ALL THOSE MUNI TRACKS. I felt like I had to pay attention to 3 things at once.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

Word the fuck up. Those ONE WAYS AND "NO LEFT TURN AT THE INTERSECTION" and ALL THOSE MUNI TRACKS. I felt like I had to pay attention to 3 things at once. [/b]

thats called driving... you must have never been to chicago or ny. and i think LA is WAAAAAY worse than the bay.

socal pussies...

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

thats called driving... you must have never been to chicago or ny. and i think LA is WAAAAAY worse than the bay.

socal pussies...

Pssshhhhht. I'll pit Boston against any other city. The roads are converted cowpaths that go every which way, and you don't know one-ways until you've seen 8 of them in a row. By the time you finally make your turn, you're in a different neighborhood.

And parking? Not only is there virtually none, but people in my neighborhood will double-park next to an EMPTY SPOT with no hazard lights AT NIGHT.

• thats called driving... you must have never been to chicago or ny. and i think LA is WAAAAAY worse than the bay.

socal pussies...

Pssshhhhht. I'll pit Boston against any other city. The roads are converted cowpaths that go every which way, and you don't know one-ways until you've seen 8 of them in a row. By the time you finally make your turn, you're in a different neighborhood.

And parking? Not only is there virtually none, but people in my neighborhood will double-park next to an EMPTY SPOT with no hazard lights AT NIGHT.

No mention of rotaries?

I'll stop short of commenting of Boston drivers....

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I'll stop short of commenting on Boston drivers....

People always talk about Boston drivers, yet I seem
    to notice that the worst drivers in Boston tend to
    have out-of-state license plates ... not to say that
    Boston drivers DON'T suck, I think most people everywhere
    can't drive, but the people driving 15 MPH in a 35 MPH zone
    or the people driving right through stop signs are usually
    out-of-towners ...

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

out-of-towners ...

I remember reading about a study a couple of years ago where Massachusetts actually had a relatively low accident rate. Not that it helps keep insurance costs down, but take it for what it's worth.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

AMEN!!!

Dude... just getting home from the Bay, so much driving lag 9 hour drive home. I'm coming home with alot of heat thanks to one Mr. Shitzr (well worth the drive), Rooky's, and Amoeba... Haight street treated me very well, my family wasn't feeling lower haight, but that's where all the ill shit was. We did alot of tourist blah blah blah, and that was cool.. ate in castro with my homie castro. Stumbled upon Black Market Music, Old school music gear and records.

Driving and Traffic was delirious... I got lost plenty of time veering off market. I'd have to say all and all I was mostly dissapointed with SF's night scene.. I couldn't even find one bar to chill at.. Milk bar was empty, Prince po show was eh... 12 dollar parking.. shit, I should've went to go see Paul mooney.

I will rep Solvang though!! Paula's pancakes and AJ SPURS WAS THAT SHIT!!!!!!!!

- spidey

people drive shitty all over the country.

I don't see a lot of regional variation.

cell phone talkers and minivan drivers and cabbies are the worst no matter where.

and SUV drivers are usually oblivious.

I am an excellent driver.

ate in castro with my homie castro.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I couldn't even find one bar to chill at.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I will rep Solvang though!!

wow

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

out-of-towners ...

It sounds kinda like my impression of Jersey - everybody drives like an asshole so it kinda works, but then the outta towners try to drive all nice and proper and shit and they fuck everything up.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Also, when I use to vacation in the Bay, I stayed with this guy out in the cut (it's been some years, I forget what town he lived in) who had a car but didn't drive, so I would end up day tripping all over the damn Bay in his ride, with him and other friends. I got to know the highways of the Bay well and they were quite easy to navigate. After a while, I knew my way around a bit. I could get to and navigate a little of berkeley, oakland by the baseball stadium/airport, a fair amount of SF (for an out of towner I guess), and I could get to all the burbs (do yall consider richmond a 'burb? Daly City?). I think the road system there is decent. I've seen worse.

out-of-towners ...

It sounds kinda like my impression of Jersey - everybody drives like an asshole so it kinda works, but then the outta towners try to drive all nice and proper and shit and they fuck everything up.

Dude, the Jersey turnpike system has the smallest dividers in between lanes of traffic travelling opposite directions...feels like you are going to hit the cars to the left of you if you're in the left lane. No turnout room or anything.

Outta towners are just scared cause they want no business stopping in that god awful state.