Cinco de Friday (Fives related)

DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
1. Telecommuting is the jernt. 2. Actually having gigs on the horizon. Suddenly, I feel like a DJ again.3. Getting much closer to paying off my credit card. I really hate owing money.4. Waves suite for Pro Tools = 5. I can't get Bender's horrible Spanglish audition for All My Circuits out of my head, which means I'm constantly laughing at it. "I will say adios Pad-ree! Come Jee-zus my faithful chee-hooa-hooa. Tonight we eat gee-wack-amowl by the el rio!" Fuckin' hilarious.

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    thanks P*te; I was about to get one of these started...

1. it's like gotta be in the high 70's right now in SF (raer).
    2. GIANTS killing it right now.

3. Getting much closer to paying off my credit card. I really hate owing money.
    4. Israel Independence Day (yay)
    5. GIANTS killing it right now.

BONUS: 6. Payday.
    BONUS: 7. the homie Cas officially in the house.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    1. trying to find a new job which is a pain in the ass...but i'm thinking positively and getting myself out there.

2. working on some art again and engaging in art dialogue with some friends.

3. Record stores in Cali are dryer than fuck but getting some time to relisten to some of the old classics sitting in my shelves. Danced around with my lady to some Honey and the Bee's on arctic last night.

4. Seeing Big Youth a couple days ago. He was pretty good, but the highlight was watching Scientist mix/dub the hell out of the show from behind the decks.

5. Being super high for the previously listed event. Haven't smoked in a bit and it hit me like a ton of bricks.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    1 - 31 45s for $9 incl 'Misdemeanor', 'How's Your Wife and My Child?' and 'Summer Madness'.

2 - Straight perms - it's worth the pain to not have RosannaDanna hair, ya heard?

3 - Gilded Lamp of the Cosmos - Ultimate Spinach - can't stop listening to this song.

4 - M - Fritz Lang

5 - Chick pea salad, marinated tofu and steamed rapini with some $10 Argentinian wine.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    1. Playoff tickets for Saturday night.
    2. 75 degrees on Saturday.
    3. Spring is finally here (seemingly), time to break out all the new gear that's been percolating in the closet (stuntin' on 'em all summer)
    4. I, too, am very close to paying off my credit card with only about 2k left in debt to cover after that.
    5. It's FRIDAY! NO WORK TOMORROW OR SUNDAY!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    1. it's like gotta be in the high 70's right now in SF (raer).

One of the many benefits of telecommuting: I actually get to enjoy some of this great weather instead of being cooped up in the office all day. It's lurvely out right now.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    1) Finally being home for a weekend, plus solid looking weather should equate to some poolside action!

2) My insane exercise/diet is finally starting to show results. Watch out now!

3) I'm totally mailing it in at work this week and shall continue to do so for the rest of the summer until I relocate back to SF with my hopeful new job at S****F***e.

4) I just won a record on eBay as the only bidder... forgot what that's like. Feels good.

5) Nintendo Wii... I haven't played video games since the OG Nintendo so this is a nice throwback. Played Zelda all night last night. Worried about time commitment though... gotta focus on making music when not at work!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    1) Lost about 15 pounds.
    2) Every single credit card I have is completely paid off.
    3) Getting married in a month.
    4) Spring is here.
    5) Smokey Robinson & The Miracles "Legend In It's Own Time" (Keeping in music related.)

4. Waves suite for Pro Tools =

What's that?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    1. Closed on the house we have been trying to sell since October. IT IS FINISHED!

2) Every single credit card I have is completely paid off.

3. Now we can finally make repairs/renovations on the new house.

4. 2 close friends of mine have babies on the way this fall, just found out, and Fatback (another close friend)was just blessed this month. Hope to be joining them sooner rather than later!

5. Found pretty much every Donald Goines novel at the library store yesterday, for .50 a piece. That's a lotta books.

***Bonus***
    Planning a Vegas trip in June. Lookout Crazy Horse Too!

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts
    1. the wethar ... basketball in tha park with a boombox like hay now

2. del tha funkee homosapien - wrongplace (casual remix)

3. rum

4. finally ovar tha ruff winter buzzkill of a relationship at its end.
    diggin being single and def lovin bein able to jus up and do wutteva tha F i want

5. playin with my band more than 2 times a week again

~**bonus steez tip**~ Fridae

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    1. It is a beautiful day in Santa Cruz. The whole city has just up and left for the beach.

2. Got some real good interviews lined up for the next few radio shows. Once you get people talking you never know what crazyness will come out of them.

3. Finally rewired my Techs and they sound amazing.

4. Dumped about 300 records off at the local store, all turds from house buys and thift store stuff from my more naive days. Stocking up on store credit to buy some James Brown OG raer that I need in my life.

5. Females in my life has stopped being plural and become just one amazing girl. I forgot what I was missing.

Bonus 6. THE MURFUCKIN GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS. HOW ABOUT THAT.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Bonus 6. THE MURFUCKIN GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS. HOW ABOUT THAT.