joki freund appreciation

inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
..listening to jogi jazz at the moment, what a killer modal jazz album this is! anyone else into mister freund on here? what other albums can u recommend? only got the jogi jazz..

Comments

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    yogi jazz is the LP in your avatar, right?

and

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    yogi jazz is the LP in your avatar, right?

and

yes..

btw thanks for the berlin record trip :-)

• In a funkier 70's jazz fusion vein, you can find tracks by Joki Freund with the Frankfurt Jazz Ensemble in a double lp entitled "City Jazz" which contains titles ain't released on other albums. It's from 1975 on the Telefunken label. Different than the "Yogi Jazz" for sure, but very nice too, with great Fender rhodes attacks...

• yep, frankfurt all stars - city jazz is nice. ralf h??bner compositions . but city jazz is very different compared to yogi jazz.

yogi is a nice album. do you have the original pressing? it's worth a lot. i mean A LOT! there's a nother freund album like yogi. i forgot the title. i'll try to find out what it was.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    yep, frankfurt all stars - city jazz is nice. ralf h??bner compositions . but city jazz is very different compared to yogi jazz.

yogi is a nice album. do you have the original pressing? it's worth a lot. i mean A LOT! there's a nother freund album like yogi. i forgot the title. i'll try to find out what it was.

no, i have the second issue on L+R. still sells for 250+ $. got a fair deal on it though..
    original can be found everywhere from 400-1200$.