Anti-anxiety Techniques

2»

Comments

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    I just put on the headphones and ride my bike.

sounds a bit dangerous.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I just put on the headphones and ride my bike.

sounds a bit dangerous.

Kevin?

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts
    regular exercise. like as much as can get, 4-5 hours a week if possible. it becomes so hard to give a shit.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    What doesn't kill you makes you less of a pussy.

I think that's completely false.
    How can that be COMPLETELY false? Please to prove it or use someone else to make your point. Thank you.

huh? Go back and read what I wrote. That's my argument.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    What doesn't kill you makes you less of a pussy.

I think that's completely false.
    How can that be COMPLETELY false? Please to prove it or use someone else to make your point. Thank you.

huh? Go back and read what I wrote. That's my argument.

Nah, you still don't get it do you.

LOL

- do you always argue against vauge statements that make no sense?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    once again thank you to all who gave advise and PM's.

It's very comforting to know that youre not alone in suffering from anxiety attacks.

the breathing is so important that it couldn't be stated enough.

meditation works wonders as well although admitedly concentration can be really hard to hold.

Weed is a fond memory now, one day we will reunite and have good times together but that one day isn't anyday soon. Kinda sucks cause I'm going to Coachella and my friends and I have had a tradition of getting madly fucked up for the weekend and having fun...right now I settle for feeling anything remotely close to fun.

Food is also important. Anxiety will rob you of your appetite. in the last 2 weeks I've lost close to 10 pounds, for those that know me they know thats a shitload of my actual body weight percentage. I plan to make an attempt at going to the gym tonight and trying some light exercise.

for all others with severe anxiety I feel for with you.

those who haven't had it really shouldn't be trying to throw any type of negativity out there, this shit can be very crippling to your psyche.

My peoples stay strong, I plan to do the same

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Bong Hits & Blow Jobs usually do the trick.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I had attacks a few summers ago and it was really difficult to deal with. I would be eating out with my boy and then the room would get smaller and tunnel like. I would just throw my money down on the table and be like "we have to go...if you're not. Im out."

The movie that I would put on that would help me "think" was Waking Life.

Good luck Guzzo. Long time no talk and I hope things are well.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    oh and enya.

yeah, that just happened.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    I had my first ever massive panic attack recently. I was alone in my house doing dishes and all of a sudden realized how I was shaking, feeling bad and generally SCARED SHITLESS.

I did some breathing excercises (tai-chi stylee) and made a track about it:

www.myspace.com/funkateermusic

What a coincidence.

When breathing and all that has sort of calmed you down (these walks sound good, as does cutting all the addictive hing), how about translating what you??re going through in some sort of creative language? Buy a sketchbook, doodle, splash, cut, paste, glue, strap, smash and never show it to anyone. It sure helped me deal with things.

- J

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    yeah it's good to do some mental spring cleaning, like clean out the bullshit. i've had more luck cutting back on the alcohol, i can be all kinds on stoned and not get as down in the dumps the next day as after a session on the booze. i gave up caffiene for an extended period and didn't really feel the difference, not to say that doesn't work for other people.

also i tried St. John's Wort which is pretty decent if a bit mild maybe less hectic then the next level shit. that breathing stuff sounds very decent by the way.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    oh and enya Brian Eno.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

also i tried St. John's Wort which is pretty decent if a bit mild maybe less hectic then the next level shit.

Yeah, I had some herbal tea that had St. john's Wort in it, and it's great right before bed. But the company stopped making it, as I was apparently the only one who bought it. I've heard good things about melatonin, too, as far as helping with sleep.