wizards from kansas

LuminLumin 807 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
this has my wig peeled way back. id like to be put on to more lps that sound like this. not on that hard rock tip. more on that groove psych tip.not sure what is goin on in my life but this type of sound has been on heavy rotation lately. spent some good dough on that pugsley munion lp this past weekend and am really really likin that as well.i need more. after being severely suppressed for so many years, i think my white side is slowly comin out.holla

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i'm on that same shit right now.

i have a new mix coming out in a couple weeks that definitely covers some ground in that asthetic.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    im thinkin of doin one as well. get at me when you finish it. id like to check it.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I had that in my hand last friday, but I put it back since I knew you wanted it. Did you grab anything else?

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    got this:

you listen to it? almost grabbed that mighty baby but passed on it. im now seein hes got a decent price on it.

what you scoop?

what you scoop?

I grabbed a handful of things. Picked up this for $10

The Boyd McCoy Live lp outta upstate NY, Some private New-wave stuff, Axelrod-Seriously Deep, Bubblegum machine, etc...Dude has been getting some great records.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    damn nice come up
    i know thats got a major jammy on it.
    what was the name of that one psych lp you came out the pocket for over there?

• Wow. Sounds like you Florida cats got a nice little psych connect down there. Good price on the "Christening".

FYI, Rockadelic released a second Wizards of Kansas lp you might dig. I've heard that one but never the one that was on a major label.

Wow. Sounds like you Florida cats got a nice little psych connect down there. Good price on the "Christening".

Not really a psych connect, dude just deals/gets in A LOT records. It just happens the last few batches have had some real heavy psych lp's. I was buying crazy records from **ll* for years way below "market value". Now that dude has a a laptop & the AA book the game done changed. At the same time I don't mind paying the going rate on the stuff he has since I've scored so much from him (**ll* ) over the years, he still sells things real cheap (ie...the halpern lp, the 1st 3 Duul lp's for $10 a piece) and he is a genuinely nice guy in a record world of bitter old man.

My fave quote from him..."I want to sell records, not run a museum"