edited April 2005 in Strut Central
the Chris Webber of Hip Hop.......poor Nas

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    the Chris Webber of Hip Hop.......

Good analogy...

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Jay Z has Beyonce.....

Nas has.. plaese to insert that picture of Kelis with the fucked up gold grill

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Jay Z has Beyonce.....

No...no, please, NO!

Good analogy...

i have one believer....O dub?...johnnyP?...Rey?...B-sides?...Phil?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    He lost that youthful fire.

NO!!!!

the Joker/LL Cool Jr showed up!!!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Jay Z has Beyonce.....

*B O I N G !!!*[/b]

NO!!!!

the Joker/LL Cool Jr showed up!!!

They forever narrowed the acceptable hip hop subject matter?

!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!

well technically did but they died in their primes so the next 2 in line were Nas and LL Cool Jr/The Joker....but The Joker just said fuck it and told everybody he was the best and everybody believed him (because they thought BIG would want it that way) and now Nas is sad and pitiful..............like Chris Webber

BLISTERING REAL TALK.

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    The worshipers of Jay-Z need their lobotomies reversed.

well technically did but they died in their primes so the next 2 in line were Nas and LL Cool Jr/The Joker....but The Joker just said fuck it and told everybody he was the best and everybody believed him (because they thought BIG would want it that way) and now Nas is sad and pitiful..............like Chris Webber

Well, I don't know if I buy all of that, but here's what I had in mind:

1) He is tremendously gifted but, save for his first album, has never been able to live up to his potential.

2) He seems to feel tremendous pressure to prove that he is something that he clearly is not.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

*B O I N G !!!*[/b]

dude is that Macy Gray?

1) He is tremendously gifted but, save for his first album, has never been able to live up to his potential.

2) He seems to feel tremendous pressure to prove that he is something that he clearly is not.

this IS EXACTLY what i had in mind when i compared Nas to Chris Webber .......but the tupac/BIG thing is just a seperate rant ...i'm a bit fed up here...GODDAMN 50 CENT SONG EVERY 20 MINUTES!!!!...shewww..im sorry

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts

this IS EXACTLY what i had in mind when i compared Nas to Chris Webber .......but the tupac/BIG thing is just a seperate rant ...i'm a bit fed up here...GODDAMN 50 CENT SONG EVERY 20 MINUTES!!!!...shewww..im sorry

Hate It or Love It...

Just when I stopped hating enough to admit to myself that this is a good song, I find that I can't escape it. It's a like a freakin nightmare...the kind I haven't experienced since Kevin Lyttle's Turn Me On. Plaese to stop haunting me now.

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts

poor Nas

This is so on point that it scares me. Waste of talent, big dissapointment...the same descriptions apply to both of these folls.

• *B O I N G !!!*[/b]

dude is that Macy Gray?

she looks straight to me. yeah that grill is a little much..but shes ok in my book.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Nas in a nutshell right there.

so this Jaz Z foolishness has nothing to do with it?

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Is this just a rumination of sorts based on Nas' career in general, or did something specific happen recently that I missed? Streets Disciple album sales?

just a rumination of sorts based on Nas' career in general

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Couple things -

1. Ed, totally cosign the comparison to Chris Webber

2. I think the only thing Jay did vis-a-vis Nas was a) help extend his career a bit and b) get him to focus solely on Jay in a myopic way that, while giving his raps some needed life, on the whole damaged him as an entertainer.

Wow, that was my first post of the day... unemployment is weird

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

Couple things -

1. Ed, totally cosign the comparison to Chris Webber

2. I think the only thing Jay did vis-a-vis Nas was a) help extend his career a bit and b) get him to focus solely on Jay in a myopic way that, while giving his raps some needed life, on the whole damaged him as an entertainer.

Wow, that was my first post of the day... unemployment is weird

just waking up? haha

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Beyonce looks better than Kelis but Kelis has so much more heart IMO. You can hear it in her voice. After seeing her wail, live at the Roxy in LA, I was impressed and knew she wasn't just a studio singer. She's gifted. She doesn't look bad either.

• She doesn't look bad either.

not at all.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Beyonce looks better than Kelis but Kelis has so much more heart IMO. You can hear it in her voice. After seeing her wail, live at the Roxy in LA, I was impressed and knew she wasn't just a studio singer. She's gifted. She doesn't look bad either.

Seriously? Yo, Kelis can't sing too well at all, I don't even see her in the same league as Beyonce.

Seriously? Yo, Kelis can't sing too well at all, I don't even see her in the same league as Beyonce.

I'm saying--Kelis is garbage.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

I'm saying--Kelis is garbage.

Yeah... I've always really wanted to like ma, 'cuz i dug that "I-hate-you-so much-right now" song she came out with. But man... that song on Nas' last album where she's like "it's the american waaaay" over that Q-Tip Atomic Dog ( ) beat... I was like Bobby Knight trying to describe what a game face is.