Lifesavas "Gutterfly"= Dope on Plastic

YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
So I picked this CD up today off the strength of the 1st album Spirit in Stone and the fact these dudes are repping Portland...It's quality top to bottom...The beats are banging...This album is supposed to be like a blaxplotaion flick....It's a complete album, cohesive...I dig it. Razor blade city where ya at?

Comments

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    it's actually loosely based on a long lost 80s blaxplo-type flick of the same name. i haven't been able to find it anywhere tho..

oh, yeah this a dope LP end-to-end, the beats are on point. highly recommended for laserwolf to cop.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    it's actually loosely based on a long lost 80s blaxplo-type flick of the same name. i haven't been able to find it anywhere tho..

oh, yeah this a dope LP end-to-end, the beats are on point. highly recommended for laserwolf to cop.

I am walking out the door right now to see them do an instore, and cop the vinyl (at retail because I support my friends.) I got the cd about 2 weeks ago but only listened once.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

I am walking out the door right now to see them do an instore, and cop the vinyl (at retail because I support my friends.) I got the cd about 2 weeks ago but only listened once.

Dan, I am so proud of our little Ryan. It seems like just yesterday we were all sitting around the store talking about how much we love Donny Hathaway and now our little guy is all grown up.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Only one listen? I got it after work today and I'm on my 3rd listen...I wish I had a some louder monitors...

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    i didnt like the first album that much but this one caught me by surprise. very well put together.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    i didnt like the first album that much but this one caught me by surprise. very well put together.

Still haven't heard the new one, at least not the whole thing.
    Spirit in Stone was a great record.
    It worked as an album, not just a collection of songs.
    Which seems to be quite a feat these days.

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    gotta check the new one. there was one really good 12" from the first album, name esacapes me but i'm talking about the one with the reggae style beat.

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    gotta check the new one. there was one really good 12" from the first album, name esacapes me but i'm talking about the one with the reggae style beat.

"Fever"? Still got that 12". And I've been unloading most of my indy raps in the past two years.

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts

"Fever"? Still got that 12". And I've been unloading most of my indy raps in the past two years.

please to pm me a list with your indie hiphop sales

Dan, I am so proud of our little Ryan. It seems like just yesterday we were all sitting around the store talking about how much we love Donny Hathaway and now our little guy is all grown up.

Ryan is doing great. Working on a solo project. Still only has a handfull of writing credits and production credits on this one. I'm selling his mix cds well. Just used a mixer and cd player for the instore. Portland turned out and they did a great show.

Strutter Jake One has a number of beats on the record. David Walker who strutters know from his blaxploitation web site helped put the thing together.

We should get together again and talk about Donny Hathaway some more.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

I think I bought that during one of my visits to JJM.
    It's been a minute since I played the record. Dan, are you selling Gutterfly on your site?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Ryan is doing great. Working on a solo project. Still only has a handfull of writing credits and production credits on this one. I'm selling his mix cds well. Just used a mixer and cd player for the instore. Portland turned out and they did a great show.

Strutter Jake One has a number of beats on the record. David Walker who strutters know from his blaxploitation web site helped put the thing together.

We should get together again and talk about Donny Hathaway some more.

He's been over recently buying beats, leaving his cellphone. You know the usual stuff. I would like to play out with him and ohmega sometime. That's cool that they hooked up with DW. Makes sense.

I think I bought that during one of my visits to JJM.

It's been a minute since I played the record. Dan, are you selling Gutterfly on your site?

No. I can't buy it direct from Quannum, and I just can't compete with sites and stores that are stocking all the new vinyl.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    I caught the track they did with Camp Lo. I'm glad that they reached out (Camp Lo is a persoanl favorite) but the track was kinda

Libretto from that camp is pretty dope!

I caught the track they did with Camp Lo. I'm glad that they reached out (Camp Lo is a persoanl favorite) but the track was kinda

Libretto from that camp is pretty dope!

I don't know why Libretto didn't blow up a long time ago. Guys got words, style and charisma.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

I don't know why Libretto didn't blow up a long time ago. Guys got words, style and charisma.

and a good stage show. we all know how rare that is in hip-hop.